Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

which dive computer

Started by randyj ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

which dive computer

25 posts
  1. Tim let me know your finding...

    Nige Wade

     

    Hi Nigel,

     

    Well, I dive my VR3 on 20% and I dived the Helo2 on 0 setting (+/- 0, 1 and 2 being the range available). A deco dive on EAN32 put both instruments more or less comparable within a metre and a minute on every stop. The same can be said of the D9 too with DS on. But I guess the difference may grow on repetitive dives. Early days yet but for O/C the Helo2 seems a very good option.

     

    If you are on a Vision I'd plug in another VR3 and get a second-hand one off ebay for not many beans...

     

    Back later when I have a bit more to say. HTH, Tim

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  2. If you are on a Vision I'd plug in another VR3 and get a second-hand one off ebay for not many beans...

     

    Thanks Tim that's pretty sound advice, I'll check out ebay.

     

    I'd Still be interested to hear how the Suunto compares after multiple dives.

     

    Nige

  3. I use Suunto,they fantastic and reliable

     

    Travy

  4. I use Suunto,they fantastic and reliable

     

    Travy

     

    And their customer support (here in the UK) is second to none. There is always a knowledgable engineer available at the other end of the phone line who really understands the computers and PC software. When I made a pre-sales call regarding the new Helo2, the Suunto engineer was able have a very sensible conversation about how its algorythm compares to their competitors products. 10/10 to Suunto. But I'd also say the same of Al at VR Technology too.

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  5. On a recent trip to San Diego, my dive computer found it's way to the bottom and needing a replacement I would like to know which one(s) do you use/prefer.

     

     

    It's here:

     

    http://www.divernet.com/Diving_Gear/group_..._algorithm.html

     

    I was helped on this project by Wetpixellian Nigel Wade (Under Pressure).

    Edited by John Bantin
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.