I'm gob smacked !!!
What an awesome start to the new series ... WOW and double WOW !!! ... A must for everyone me thinks ...
Dive safe
DeanB
Read-only discussion
I'm gob smacked !!!
What an awesome start to the new series ... WOW and double WOW !!! ... A must for everyone me thinks ...
Dive safe
DeanB
I just watched it too Dean and echo your WOW and Double WOW
Three years in the making & worth every second.
Well Done BBC and all involved in bringing this to our screens!!!!
Nige Wade
Yep what you guys said - I'm hooked!
Just watched the first installment. Great stuff. Perhaps they make all those dodgy wildlife shows - so we appreciate it all the more when we see the good stuff.
Alex
Well you gotta be fair... they've been shooting this one for 4 years. Most of those hookey ones are done in a year. Bigger budget means better shots... but then there's the writing ![]()
Any idea when we'll get it in the US?
You can buy the BluRay version on Nov 30th from the UK. Just watch for the region and color system nonsense.
Ahhh.. This is killing me. The BBC won't even let us guys from the other end of the pond watch the previews on the web site. Then we have to wait for the Discovery channel to rebrand it a year later with their name and change the wonderful narration of Sir Attenborough with a woman's. Ack!
BBC: We need some good nature documentary programming, too!! Please save us from any more of this Man vs Nature cr*@ programming.
Well you gotta be fair... they've been shooting this one for 4 years. Most of those hookey ones are done in a year. Bigger budget means better shots... but then there's the writing
I don't know Drew, The highly acclaimed 'Dean the diving decorator' programme was filmed over three days and was a massive hit (with my family
) We need more like that !!!
Dive safe
DeanB
One negative comment - do you think those sailfish were even in the same ocean as the flying fish?
What a blessed relief. Having sat through a recording of "Autumnwatch Unsprung" on BBC2 I thought the BBC had finally lost it......it's supposed to be a nature/wildlife broadcast and then out comes a homemade teddy bear (I am not kidding...) that a viewer had made and sent it and the presenters discussed it's finer points......"where is the f******g wildlife" I was asking myself.
Then LIFE turns up and calm in the Brown household was restored. What great footage. A wildlife programme about wildlife.
The rest of the planet can only hope Autumnwatch Unsprung never makes it to Bluray. It makes the Discovery Channel look intelligent.
Simon Brown
www.simonbrownimages.com
gee Simon
They have to have programming for the people in Devon and the outskirts ![]()
One negative comment - do you think those sailfish were even in the same ocean as the flying fish?
Errr you want the truth or continue with the suspension of disbelief? Everyone intercuts from different oceans. Only PITA types like you and I would notice and complain ![]()
gee SimonThey have to have programming for the people in Devon and the outskirts
Errr you want the truth or continue with the suspension of disbelief? Everyone intercuts from different oceans. Only PITA types like you and I would notice and complain
Hey, I'm from Devon!
I don't have a problem with intercutting sequences - but you have to have a two shot in there somewhere of the two species together. Maybe I blinked and missed it.
Some wonderful sequences in there and lots of stories I hadn't seen before - which is great. Those in the UK can watch or download the program (legally) here.
Alex
What a relief to watch a wildlife programme where the presenter is not in the same frame as the subject! Brilliant narration again. I wish they would show more about how they shot the action than just the 10 minutes at the end. They could justifiably make a parallel series on this.
Interesting that this time the WOW technique was slo-mo with the Phantom camera.
Andy
Clever techy bods can download it using this and may even be able to do so via a proxy server if they're outside the UK at the moment (and have paid their BBC licence fee of course)..
Moderator:
Sorry, but that is illegal even if you pay the BBC fees. Please read the following:
I've removed your link as it is against the terms and conditions of BBC.
Ahhh.. This is killing me. The BBC won't even let us guys from the other end of the pond watch the previews on the web site. Then we have to wait for the Discovery channel to rebrand it a year later with their name and change the wonderful narration of Sir Attenborough with a woman's. Ack!
BBC: We need some good nature documentary programming, too!! Please save us from any more of this Man vs Nature cr*@ programming.
Your joking right? Tell me they do not put in any narration other than Attenborough's?
Hey Sir Dave isn't as well known as Sigourney Weaver
She wields more clout in the US than Sir Dave for the common market. Did Sir Dave have gratuitous nude scenes for aliens? Did he wear elven shoes in college? All those things count.
Hey Sir Dave isn't as well known as Sigourney WeaverShe wields more clout in the US than Sir Dave for the common market. Did Sir Dave have gratuitous nude scenes for aliens? Did he wear elven shoes in college? All those things count.
I always preferred Sir Dave, but when you put it that way, I need to reconsider.....
Incredible images! ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
What a blessed relief. Having sat through a recording of "Autumnwatch Unsprung" on BBC2 I thought the BBC had finally lost it......it's supposed to be a nature/wildlife broadcast and then out comes a homemade teddy bear (I am not kidding...) that a viewer had made and sent it and the presenters discussed it's finer points......"where is the f******g wildlife" I was asking myself.
Then LIFE turns up and calm in the Brown household was restored. What great footage. A wildlife programme about wildlife.
The rest of the planet can only hope Autumnwatch Unsprung never makes it to Bluray. It makes the Discovery Channel look intelligent.
Simon Brown
www.simonbrownimages.com
Autumn watch 'unsprung' is meant to be a light hearted sort of 'Behind the scenes where the presenters are normal people' style programme with 'Autumn watch' being the main event ... I thought the teddy was quite nice actually Simon, but seeing thats how you feel I'll give the scuba/shooter teddy i was making for you too someone else ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.