Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

BBC 'LIFE"

Started by DeanB ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

BBC 'LIFE"

32 posts
  1. Autumn watch 'unsprung' is meant to be a light hearted sort of 'Behind the scenes............ ... I thought the teddy was quite nice actually Simon, but seeing thats how you feel I'll give the scuba/shooter teddy i was making for you too someone else :P

     

    A scuba teddy just for me? I'm touched.....but it's not really my scene.... I have zero kudos with my teenage daughter and it just won't help one bit.....Unsprung came across as tedious, but then again I can be a grumpy git at times - according to same daughter.

     

    Simon

  2. Another great showing by Auntie. Would love to know what kind of budget they blew for the final result though. All top draw stuff and more to come.

     

    Stew

  3. post-5159-1255459801.jpg

    post-5159-1255459827.jpg

     

    My Lovely girlfriend Jacky had the honour of meeting Sir David at a book signing earlier today ... She says he was a real gent ^_^ ... This is the message he wrote for me ... Cool !!!

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

    Edited by DeanB
  4. My Lovely girlfriend Jacky had the honour of meeting Sir David at a book signing earlier today ... She says he was a real gent ^_^ ... This is the message he wrote for me ... Cool !!!

     

     

    That's really nice Dean. My OH and have been to the Edinburgh literary festival a couple of times and I've been impressed by how lovely some peeps are at their book signings.

  5. Just watched the first episode. Fantastic. Doug Allan lens to nose with leopard seal ... yikes! And the slow motion flying fish. Too many highlights to mention. Stunning.

  6. Oh yeah and WP members Jason and Roger were the cameramen for the Tonga sequences if anyone didn't know. Congrats on the Auntie Beeb gig, guys.

  7. Oh yeah and WP members Jason and Roger were the cameramen for the Tonga sequences if anyone didn't know. Congrats on the Auntie Beeb gig, guys.

     

    That was a great sequence. Really showed the power of the whales. The combination of the aerials and the uw fly-bys was awesome.

     

    For those interested, Michael Pitts, who was also one of the UW cameramen on Life is talking at BSoUP in London on Wednesday:

    http://www.bsoup.org/index.php

     

    Alex

  8. The insects craziness last night was great - I'm not really into insects but found it facsinating.

  9. I really liked the use of macro-wide angle in the insects episode. Showing the behaviour and also the settings.

     

    Alex

  10. I really liked the use of macro-wide angle in the insects episode. Showing the behaviour and also the settings.

     

    Alex

     

     

    It was amazing ... I spent a few days shooting Dragon/damselflies with the EX1 earlier this year and was really impressed with the results ... But their footage was amazing ( okay better cams) ... Super slow mo and, as Alex said, Wide-macro is the 'In' thing at the moment ... And Boy does it look awesome ...

     

    I need some 'diopters' and SOON !!! ...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. I really liked the use of macro-wide angle in the insects episode. Showing the behaviour and also the settings.

     

    Alex

     

     

    Yeah it was fab but I couldn't get a feeling for the actual size of some of the stuff like the bees in Australia - i now have viosions of these giant bees flying around!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.