Stephen,
I got my Alert Diver yesterday in the mail and as I was flipping through it I stopped twice to look at the cover to see if it was the same magazine. What a difference! So many great images and I actually read the articles unlike the old version. A truly remarkable transformation. My only problem is I haven't been able to find out who made the great dolphin image on the cover.
Super job!
Steve
Thanks to Steve and Andy for your very kind words. One of the principal architects of the transformation is Keith Phillips, my friend and mentor from our days together at Scuba Diving Magazine. He is now the editorial director for the new Alert Diver; and between him, the design art team, my prepress gurus, and the production staff at the Durham DAN headquarters we had a lot of talent and passion to throw at the new project. Not to mention the commitment of DAN to do something different with Alert Diver, delivered as a free benefit of membership to 165,000 households.
As for the cover, sorry to have omitted the photo credit on that one. An oversight for sure, but as it was my photo, that photographer can't get TOO mad at us. Here is the uncropped image, taken in September at White Sand Ridge on an afternoon off from shooting the tigers and lemons at Tiger Beach.
