Even if I don't dive regularly, I like to keep my membership active to support DAN and all of the great things that they do. If finances are a little tight, you could just be a member and forgo the insurance portion until you are ready to dive again. I believe that by just being a member, you will still get Alert Diver, but I'm not sure. I did that for my son since he hadn't gone diving in 2 years. DAN member services is very supportive and understanding. When I wanted to renew his insurance again for a trip we are taking in December, they pro-rated his insurance and a family membership until our regular renewal in January. As I said, DAN is very accommodating.
Ellen and Andy - Thanks for your comments about DAN insurance. I agree. Would never dive without it, and unfortunately have had multiple occassions to use it over the years. Actually, a lot of nondivers buy it just for the evacuation insurance. I have a buddy who got hurt in a 4-wheeler accident while on safari in Africa and the DAN insurance expedited and paid for his air evac.
However, to answer Ellen's comment above - no, you don't have to buy insurance to get Alert Diver. It is sent free to all DAN members (North America).
Top grade issue; we'll stop by the booth at DEMA to let them know how good it is!
Allan & Barb Jones
Very nice upgrade with glossy environmentally friendly inks/papers and much more photography and interest stories. Henry Ford would love it as he was a soybean mega nut, paints and plastic like parts. In the past I would read on the tread mill, now I will enjoy on the couch with a glass of wine. Great job... I hope DAN insurance carriers don't shrink the coverage as is the case with "Health" Insurance
Thanks for being involved, DAN is the best and getting better.
Steve
...I hope DAN insurance carriers don't shrink the coverage as is the case with "Health" Insurance
Well, as their coverage is over and above the usual, we'll probably get taxed for buying it as it'll qualify as some of that "gold plated highfalutin evil rich peeple" policy level that only those who steal from everyone else must be able to get, that will get taxed to pay for everyone else. One of those congressional laws of unintended consequence.
Political rant over....we now refer you to your regularly scheduled DAN magazine compliment thread. Move along here, nothing to see....
It is fabulous! I must admit that I would only skim the magazine when it arrived, then send it on to the recycling bin. My only concern is that the magazine not overtake the overall mission of DAN.