Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Red Sea in HD - dreaming of warm water!!!

Started by Jo Horrocks ·

  • 35Posts
  • 35Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Sea in HD - dreaming of warm water!!!

35 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    Just finished putting together a few minutes from a trip to Ras Mohammed and Tiran from June this year, so thought I'd share it with you and see what you think.

     

    It's in HD, so as us Brits would say, it's probably worth making a cuppa whilst it's loading. :wacko:

     

    Hope you enjoy,

     

    Ta ta for now,

     

    Jo

     

     

    PS. If I've messed up with embedding the video (sorry, haven't embedded stuff before!!) here's the link

    Edited by Drew
  2. Thank you Jo,

    Very nicely done. I enjoyed that very much. The night basket star sequence toward the end is truly special. The music and flow are wonderful. Not sure about the broken tiolet bowl, kind of breaks up the ambiance is you know what I mean.

     

    By the way it loaded very quickly for me and the embedded video worked perfectly.

     

    Great job, :wacko:

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  3. Thank you Jo,

    Very nicely done. I enjoyed that very much. The night basket star sequence toward the end is truly special. The music and flow are wonderful. Not sure about the broken tiolet bowl, kind of breaks up the ambiance is you know what I mean.

     

    By the way it loaded very quickly for me and the embedded video worked perfectly.

     

    Great job, :wacko:

    Steve

     

     

    Hiya Steve,

     

    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it and that it loaded quickly for you. My Broadband is sooo slow, but then I think my Broadband took a bit of a hammering the other day, the upload to YouTube took 7 hours!!!

     

    The Yolanda wreck at Ras Mohammed, was carrying baths, sinks and toilets, not the prettiiest thing to see underwater I must admit!!! There are rumours of divers taking off their wetsuits for photos sitting on the loos, who end up with red rings on their bums from the fire coral that's starting to grow.....very funny. :)

     

    See ya,

     

    Jo

  4. Hi

     

    Very beautiful images ! it don't takes too long to charge for me.

    Had you lights to film ? Sometimes, I think no, then, colors missed a little bit

     

    Thank you for this moment in Red sea !

  5. Just came back from the Red Sea 2 weeks ago. Had great weather and warmer water than expected. A wonderful trip. Haven't had the time to even view my footage yet.

    Steve

  6. Thanks for posting, Jo - I really enjoyed watching that. You've captured some great footage, with interesting behaviours.

  7. Hi

     

    Very beautiful images ! it don't takes too long to charge for me.

    Had you lights to film ? Sometimes, I think no, then, colors missed a little bit

     

    Thank you for this moment in Red sea !

     

    Thanks Flo.

     

    I only used lights for the dusk to night scenes, so that was from the pipefish to the lionfish. The lights I have aren't really powerful enough to add any colour during daylight. I'm thinking of upgrading to the FIX LED 1000s next year, can't afford the Sunrays. :wacko:

     

    Jo

  8. Just came back from the Red Sea 2 weeks ago. Had great weather and warmer water than expected. A wonderful trip. Haven't had the time to even view my footage yet.

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    I was down south about a month ago, at The Brothers, Elphinstone and Daedalus, hoping for some shark action. The oceanics were around on a couple of dives, but didn't come too close unfortunately. :wacko: The weather was fab and nice and calm. Was trying out my new camera, a Sony XR520, can't wait to see what it looks like, haven't had a chance to check it out yet, as it's AVCHD, so I'm having to upgrade my computer and software to cope with it!!!

     

    Hope you got some good footage.

     

    Jo

  9. Thanks for posting, Jo - I really enjoyed watching that. You've captured some great footage, with interesting behaviours.

     

    Thanks Elaine.

     

    I just loved the masked puffer, he was such a cutie, they're real characters. :wacko:

     

    See ya,

     

    Jo

  10. Jo,

    We did the same spots on the Elite. Also some close Oceanics and a couple of threshers. Not really a whole lot of big stuff. The wrecks were interestiing though and together with the land touring it was a great trip and all my guests were happy which is the most important thing. The Red Sea is a place that I am glad I went to but have no great desire to go back. There are places I am always happy to go back to like the Cocos, Lembeh, and a few others. You should join us one of these days.

    Steve

  11. Jo,

    We did the same spots on the Elite. Also some close Oceanics and a couple of threshers. Not really a whole lot of big stuff. The wrecks were interestiing though and together with the land touring it was a great trip and all my guests were happy which is the most important thing. The Red Sea is a place that I am glad I went to but have no great desire to go back. There are places I am always happy to go back to like the Cocos, Lembeh, and a few others. You should join us one of these days.

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    The Red Sea from the UK has the closest coral reefs, so it's one of our favourite haunts. Saying that, there are so many great places on my wish list. I'd love to come on one of your trips, but it will have to wait a year, as I've only got 3 days left out of next year's holiday!!! Need to win the lottery so that I can go on more trips!!! :wacko:

     

    My better half is in to photography, so we're off to Sulawesi at the end of next year on one of Martin Edge's trips. Some of the principles overlap, so it's handy for me too....still can't get my head around f-stops though. My eyes just seem to glaze over everytime Keith starts trying to explain it to me.

     

    I'll keep an eye on your website and see what you've got on in 2011 and see if I can join you.

     

    Take care

     

    Jo

  12. Nice Vid :wacko:

  13. Nice Vid :)

     

    Thanks matey :wacko:

  14. Very nicely done..loved the music as well...

  15. Thanks matey :D

    Thanks Sean. Really glad you enjoyed it.

  16. Hello Jo

    Nice work, watched it over here full screen on my laptop using wireless broadband no problems.

     

    Lots of nice blue clear water there.

    Well done.

  17. Hello Jo

    Nice work, watched it over here full screen on my laptop using wireless broadband no problems.

     

    Lots of nice blue clear water there.

    Well done.

    Thanks Wagsy. It definitely makes me want to get back to some warm water!!

     

    Checked my Broadband speed yesterday. It was 150kbps!!! No wonder everythings taking ages to download....I feel a nasty phone call to BT coming on. :D

     

    Take care,

     

    Jo

  18. Very nicely done Jo. You caught some great footage of sites which I know very well. I missed the snapper and batfish schools this year as I got out to Ras a little late in July.

     

    I'll be back to Ras and the northern wrecks at Easter next year and it'll be my 12 year old son's (CJ) first trip to the northern Red Sea and he's very keen for me to show him the Thistlegorm and Abu Nuhas.

     

    Keep shooting. You've a talent!

  19. Very nicely done Jo. You caught some great footage of sites which I know very well. I missed the snapper and batfish schools this year as I got out to Ras a little late in July.

     

    I'll be back to Ras and the northern wrecks at Easter next year and it'll be my 12 year old son's (CJ) first trip to the northern Red Sea and he's very keen for me to show him the Thistlegorm and Abu Nuhas.

     

    Keep shooting. You've a talent!

     

    Thanks Tim for your kind words.

     

    Bet your son will love it and will be pestering you to take him back every year. Hope you both have a brilliant time.

     

    Take care,

     

    Jo

  20. Thanks Tim for your kind words.

     

    Bet your son will love it and will be pestering you to take him back every year. Hope you both have a brilliant time.

     

    Take care,

     

    Jo

     

    Probably Jo. But his next adventure after the 'north' will be the Mantas of the Maldives...

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.