Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom and watermarking upon exporting

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom and watermarking upon exporting

29 posts
  1. I've persevered and googled but cannot believe there is no way to visually watermark photos upon exporting for my website, is it possible?

     

    Anyones' help would be most appreciated, I am trying to prepare my site for my new up and coming photos!!! and I cant work this out unless I use a 3rd party software...surely I dont have to do this?

    Cheers

    Woody

  2. Thanks Ryan,

    All plugged in and paid up, just cant get it to work now :D

  3. Hey Woody

     

    Check out Lightroom 3.0 Beta.... watermarking is now built-in :D

    I've just down-loaded and giving it a first airing.....

  4. Yes, i do it on my photos. If you go to the meta data in the library section of LR and fill in the "copyrighted" tab along with tick the copyright in copyright status you have added your copyright to each photo.

     

    Then when you go to the export menu at the bottom there is a tick box for add copyright watermark, tick that box.

     

    You will get a watermark like the following. You can't change the font or the placement of it though.

     

    12470_227971385210_690615210_4705809_2367353_n.jpg

  5. Hey Mike

     

    LR3.0 Beta let's you change the placement, size, colour etc.....

  6. Hi Mike,

    Not quite the settings I had to choose in Library >> Metadata, but I got there, trouble is the text is tiny! even resizing it to a 120x80 pixel image. I might think of v3beta Tim cheers, but I'll try this plug in more I think first! I found it now, I have to have a file for my watermark...is this done in Photoshop and what type of file extension is it please?

     

    Cheers

     

     

    Yes, i do it on my photos. If you go to the meta data in the library section of LR and fill in the "copyrighted" tab along with tick the copyright in copyright status you have added your copyright to each photo.

     

    Then when you go to the export menu at the bottom there is a tick box for add copyright watermark, tick that box.

     

    You will get a watermark like the following. You can't change the font or the placement of it though.

     

    12470_227971385210_690615210_4705809_2367353_n.jpg

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  7. How do I change my default watermark in LR 2.5? I have changed it in "edit metadata presets" but it keeps going back to the original watermark and not the new one.

     

    Thanks, Elmer

  8. Sorted!

    akeid1.jpg

     

    Thanks Ryan and everyone else who helped

  9. How do I change my default watermark in LR 2.5? I have changed it in "edit metadata presets" but it keeps going back to the original watermark and not the new one.

     

    Thanks, Elmer

     

     

    Hey Elmer

     

    The watermark is whatever you enter as the "copyright" holder in the Metadata section. So if you put, say, your name in that box for each picture, LR will use that for the watermark on the image. But the copyright holder - or any other Metadata - needs to be applied to each pic. This can be done using the Sync Metadata command. If this is not done the Copyright holder box may well be empty and then nothing will appear even when the watermark box is ticked.

     

    I hope I have explained this well enough!

  10. Tim, where did you find the link for LR 3 beta? can only find LR 2 on the adobe site

  11. Tim, where did you find the link for LR 3 beta? can only find LR 2 on the adobe site

     

     

    I think this is it Mike?

  12. Hey Elmer

     

    The watermark is whatever you enter as the "copyright" holder in the Metadata section. So if you put, say, your name in that box for each picture, LR will use that for the watermark on the image. But the copyright holder - or any other Metadata - needs to be applied to each pic. This can be done using the Sync Metadata command. If this is not done the Copyright holder box may well be empty and then nothing will appear even when the watermark box is ticked.

     

    I hope I have explained this well enough!

     

    Tim,

     

    I want to change the "copyright" info that I have previously entered. When I do that in "edit metadata presets" it is saved in a new preset, but I am unable to get this "new preset" as my default. Any suggestions.

     

    Thanks,

    Elmer

  13. Tim,

     

    I want to change the "copyright" info that I have previously entered. When I do that in "edit metadata presets" it is saved in a new preset, but I am unable to get this "new preset" as my default. Any suggestions.

     

    Thanks,

    Elmer

     

    Apologies for slight delay in replying, Elmer.

     

    Yeah, don't use Edit Metadata Presets to edit exisiting metadata on pics. You need to select all the pics you want to change (you can select a whole folder if you wish) in the thumbnail view of Library (only the thumbnail view will allow you make changes to them all) using Ctrl A. Then make the changes you want in the Metadata area on the right hand margin of the Library screen. This should do them all.

     

    Edit Metadata Presets edits a specific set of Metadata settings which you can name. So, for example, I have a Metadata set called "timsimages.co.uk". This sets certain defaults such as Creator, Email, Website etc. And these can all be applied utomatically to a set of images which are being imported. Editing the Metadata Preset only edits the info int eh Preset (ie timsimages.co.uk) - not the Metadata attached to actual images.

     

    Not easy to explain but I hope this helps!

     

    Cheers

  14. Tim

    thanks for that, I was just scratching my head over the very same issue!

     

    R

  15. Tim,

     

    Thank you so much for explaining how to change my "copyright" info.

     

    Elmer

  16. Tim,

     

    Thank you so much for explaining how to change my "copyright" info.

     

    Elmer

     

     

    Hi - Just wondered if anyone was able to explain how to do all this on Aperture - or is it not possible? Have had a look and there is a watermark button but I am clearly doing something wrong as it doesnt apply anything to my pictures......

     

    Thanks

    Dive_girl

  17. Apologies for slight delay in replying, Elmer.

     

    Yeah, don't use Edit Metadata Presets to edit exisiting metadata on pics. You need to select all the pics you want to change (you can select a whole folder if you wish) in the thumbnail view of Library (only the thumbnail view will allow you make changes to them all) using Ctrl A. Then make the changes you want in the Metadata area on the right hand margin of the Library screen. This should do them all.

     

    Not easy to explain but I hope this helps!

     

    Cheers

     

    Tim,

     

    I am on a Mac and I have found it does not quite work as above. After Ctrl A, if I change the Methadata on the right side it only changes the first thumbnail and not the rest of the highlighted thumbnails. I have found to change all the highlighted thumbnails I need to go to my top menu bar, click on Metadata and do a sync metadata command.

     

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

    Elmer

  18. Yes, i do it on my photos. If you go to the meta data in the library section of LR and fill in the "copyrighted" tab along with tick the copyright in copyright status you have added your copyright to each photo.

     

    Then when you go to the export menu at the bottom there is a tick box for add copyright watermark, tick that box.

     

    You will get a watermark like the following. You can't change the font or the placement of it though.

     

    12470_227971385210_690615210_4705809_2367353_n.jpg

     

    Has anyone noticed that this does not work for some websites? It worked for me successfully when I exported to Facebook, but not to Smugmug or when I exported to another location on my hard drive.

     

    Thoughts? Suggestions?

     

    Thanks!

    Zig

  19. Hey Mike

     

    LR3.0 Beta let's you change the placement, size, colour etc.....

     

    Roger big time! Watermarking in LR3 is VASTLY improved. Been playing with it a bit.

    post-3540-1260822310.jpg

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.