Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom and watermarking upon exporting

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom and watermarking upon exporting

29 posts
  1. Tim,

     

    Thank you so much for explaining how to change my "copyright" info.

     

    Elmer

     

    You can set it up so that the copyright info is filled in when you load files into LR. Basically one never has to do once it is set up.

     

    Use the OS help facility to recall how to stick in copyright symbol. The original Macs had something called 'key caps' that seems to have been lost during its evolution. This was handy for doing symbols, umlauts etc. It is still there but buried.

  2. how to stick in copyright symbol. The original Macs had something called 'key caps' that seems to have been lost during its evolution. This was handy for doing symbols, umlauts etc. It is still there but buried.

    option G on a mac and alt 0169 on a PC? sorry if I misundertood you Tom, lovely example btw :D

  3. option G on a mac and alt 0169 on a PC? sorry if I misundertood you Tom, lovely example btw :D

    Thanks!! You may be right! I can never remember these things (key combos) so have to search for it each time!! :D

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  4. You can set it up so that the copyright info is filled in when you load files into LR. Basically one never has to do once it is set up.

     

    Tom,

     

    I have, but I wanted to change the copyright and have not been able to figure out how to change it and save the change for future imports.

     

    Elmer

  5. Tom,

     

    I have, but I wanted to change the copyright and have not been able to figure out how to change it and save the change for future imports.

     

    Elmer

     

     

    I find that whenever one changes a preset it has to be re-saved. Double click on it, make the changes, then save it. If you don't save it you will use the previously saved version next time you go to use it. This applies to LR3 as well. One needs to save each font change, for example, on the export presets. I ended with a bunch of them within a short of learning how to use it. They can be deleted too. One can select from presents during an export process. It could use a better GUI IMHO.

  6. Tim,

     

    I am on a Mac and I have found it does not quite work as above. After Ctrl A, if I change the Methadata on the right side it only changes the first thumbnail and not the rest of the highlighted thumbnails. I have found to change all the highlighted thumbnails I need to go to my top menu bar, click on Metadata and do a sync metadata command.

     

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

    Elmer

     

     

    Hi Elmer. That's odd, I'm on a Mac too (MacBook) and it works a charm. Are you sure when you have selcted Ctrl A that ALL the thumbnails have been highlighted?

  7. Hi Elmer. That's odd, I'm on a Mac too (MacBook) and it works a charm. Are you sure when you have selcted Ctrl A that ALL the thumbnails have been highlighted?

     

    Tim,

     

    I did Ctrl A and highlighted all the thumbnails. But I should note that one was light gray and when I clicked on Ctrl A the remainder were highlighted in a darker gray. The darker gray ones (the remainder of the folder) are the ones that did not change. To change these I had to do a sync metadata command from the metadata tool bar.

     

    Elmer

  8. Tim,

     

    I did Ctrl A and highlighted all the thumbnails. But I should note that one was light gray and when I clicked on Ctrl A the remainder were highlighted in a darker gray. The darker gray ones (the remainder of the folder) are the ones that did not change. To change these I had to do a sync metadata command from the metadata tool bar.

     

    Elmer

     

    Were you in grid view? This is needed to do multiple-image pastes.

  9. Were you in grid view? This is needed to do multiple-image pastes.

     

     

    yes, I was in grid view. I wonder if its the way I have the LR configured.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.