Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Remote trigger configuration

Started by davichin ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Remote trigger configuration

23 posts
  1. You know I love youuuuu!!! :good: .... If I am a brasas...wait until tomorrow as Vimond is going to call you (because I told him) with A LOT of questions!!!jijijijijiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! :)

     

     

     

    :lol::diablo:

  2. I finally ordered the 19300 kit from BH which was 249.99$ (now it is 299.99$ :D ) which I found cheaper than anywhere else. It arrived with Ikelite´s IK4104.31 Sync Cord. These guys at BH sent me the 15 ft long cord in another box that I hope arrives... :P

     

    Everything works but I had to use a surgical blade to file down the camera connector because it has a very tight fitting.

  3. I retrofitted a housing to the Aquatica remote using an existing N5 bulkhead. However mine is a SEACAM D1X housing. Here are some shots showing how I dealt with some of the 'issues'. The AF-on and release leads were soldered together along with one of the leads coming from the remote. I can only use focus priority AF settings. The cord is the version that comes with banana plugs that I removed. I left the full length of the cable so I can put the camera to the side when working on the housing while leaving it wired. I removed one set of gears as they were in the way of the remote socket fitting on the body - IMHO Nikon should go back to the F5 style where the remote socket was on the camera back (more convenient for conventional use on a tripod as well).

    post-3540-1265584573.jpg

    post-3540-1265584632.jpg

    post-3540-1265584689.jpg

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.