Dear Phil,
I saw your images with the E-PL1 and 14-42 (thanks! it's always good to see samples).
I recently lost my canon G11, and am now considering whether to replace it, or to
upgrade with an E-PL1 and Oly housing.
But I'm not yet totally convinced that this really is an 'upgrade': from the base
numbers, it seems focus times are similar on these cameras. I suppose I will gain a bit
in terms of image noise, but the 14-42 appears to be getting poor reviews.
Personally, I prefer ~42 at the long end than, say 18, since I am often trying to catch skittish
subjects: is there a better option for lens than the Oly 14-42 (does pany 14-45 fit? and if so,
what about zoom gears?) ?
In brief, would you say that taking photos with E-PL1 (using LCD, not EVF), would be a better
experience (in terms of camera response, focus, and IQ) than G11 ?
I started UW with with an Oly 5050, and have always liked Oly's support for UW -- so I am pretty
willing to be convinced! All advise welcome!
Thanks,
Ajay.