Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Apple releases Aperture 3

Started by Drew ·

  • 42Posts
  • 42Replies

Read-only discussion

Apple releases Aperture 3

42 posts
  1. One of the things I was previously dissatisfied with in Aperture was RAW conversion; to the extent that I often used Capture NX2 in this process particularly for prints. It's early yet, but Aperture 3 seems to have made some significant improvements in their RAW conversion engine, particularly appearing to be a closer match to NX2, particularly if one incorporates Nikon style presets into the process in Aperture. As I look at this more closely, I will report more, but I am not the only one who thinks so. Interesting post here comparing Aperture 3 RAW conversion to Lightroom 2.6

    http://www.luminousdarkroom.com/2010/02/ap...on-g11-cr2.html

    Edited by loftus
  2. Tonu Wu's blog report has shown up here

    http://aperture.maccreate.com/2010/03/28/v...ow-up-on-vimeo/

    Of note is his use of Aperture for nearly all his video editing for his Vimeo post. I think as time moves on video editing features are probably one of the things Apple will concentrate very heavily on. Smart, I think considering their strengths in the video editing field.

    For most photographers we have reached a type of saturation point with what we need to do editing wise with our still images.

    Though I have not really got into video yet, just dabbling, my next DSLR will likely have video, so making the transition with Aperture, rather than worrying about becoming a Final Cut guru is probably a more practical approach for me.

    Edited by loftus
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.