Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

S90, Ikelite housing : internal Flash ?

Started by raph ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

S90, Ikelite housing : internal Flash ?

21 posts
  1. I just delivered another Ikelite Canon S90 housing an hour ago. The newest diffuser for it snaps into a groove farther out on the port. When I showed the customer on how to use macro and shot with just the built in flash the difference in wider coverage was amazing!

     

    You still can do more with any external flash (like an AF35, virtually non-corded TTL flash control) especially minimizing backscatter, etc.

     

    But if budget constraints make you use only the built in flash for macro the new diffuser does a nice job.

     

    dhaas

     

    post-244-1266248389.jpg

     

    dhaas - first let me say your posts have been invaluable in my research of an uw rig to put together. I am now at the point of throwing the plastic down but hoping you could help me with something before I do. Your post above drew my attention regarding the improved diffuser on newer housings and I've been trying to confirm with Ikelite and my dealer of choice, B&H, if that's the one they have in stock. Easier said than done unfortunately - B&H don't know how to recognise what they've got, Ikelite can't check what stock was last sent to them... I'm sure they could work it out between themselves but neither seem interested in going the extra mile to find out for me.

     

    If not too much hassle would it be possible to get a photo of the new housing that could make it possible for a typical sales assistant at B&H to identify which one they're holding? Appreciate anything you can do - even a written description might work?

     

    And thanks for all the helpful information yourself and a few others on this thread continue to provide across the different boards.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.