Barry:
Sorry for the slow response, just got back from Dominica late last week and getting back into the work grind.
Photographically results of the trip were mixed - my skill, not either the DM guidance, equipment, or subject matter! I failed to think thru just how hard even a little 'snow' in the water makes truly wide angle shots, and as this was my first trip with strobes larger than Ike DS50's I've got a lot yet to learn about strobe aiming.
I've still got a huge number to process but the first few are up. My main Flickr page is www.flickr.com/photos/rtrski, there's a separate set for Dominica 2012 you can probably find by clicking thru various options (I hate flickr defaulting to a 'photostream' view, but what can you do).
Here's a couple examples at 8-9mm behind the dome. I know I disabled the 'full size' download so this is downsized significantly, but despite the obvious rectilinear 'distortion' in the corners the corner sharpness looks pretty good to my eye. Shot at f11...first image isn't cropped, second is but bottom right corner of the frame I think was the original outer corner.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtrski/685644...57629270961257/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtrski/685849...57629270961257/
Overall shots were from either the 8-16mm behind Blibecap's minidome or a 17-70mm with +2 diopter behind the typical Ike 6" dome, so I shouldn't have wasted time playing 'macro' but couldn't resist on occasion.