Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Need sympathy...

Started by tdpriest ·

  • 41Posts
  • 41Replies

Read-only discussion

Need sympathy...

41 posts
  1. I have just fused a D200 with 2" of water in my housing: although the battery and cf card are intact, my camera is dead and my 10.5mm lens has peculiar drops on the inside.

     

    Is there a support group?

     

    :goodpost:

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  2. I have just fused a D200 with 2" of water in my housing: although the battery and cf card are intact, my camera is dead and my 10.5mm lens has peculiar drops on the inside.

     

    Is there a support group?

     

    :dunno:

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

     

     

    :(;):goodpost:

  3. I have just fused a D200 with 2" of water in my housing: although the battery and cf card are intact, my camera is dead and my 10.5mm lens has peculiar drops on the inside.

     

    Is there a support group?

     

    :goodpost:

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

     

    Tim I feel your pain I flooded a Nikonos V ages ago and I still get a shiver when I enter the water.

    How did it happen?

     

    I know this sounds a bit mercenary at your time of need but I have a very little used D200 doing nothing in my workshop.

     

    Nige Wade

  4. You have my deepest sympathys Tim. ;)

    All I can offer by way of consolation is that you have received the bad luck injection and may that injection be an inoculation against this ever happening to you again.

     

    Have a look in ebay- there are nikon d200 bodies flying around at mo' or check the buy and sell here.

     

    Good luck and 'get well soon'.

    Dam

    :goodpost:

  5. Is there a support group?

    Tim,

     

    Gutted for you, had a near miss myself last week...

     

    Out here they call it Sakara......

  6. Oh man, that's seriously painful. At the risk of running salt in the wound, was it insured?

     

    You can be solaced in the fact that there are those that have, and those that will. At least you got it over with. :goodpost:

     

    Steve

  7. There's a survivors' group! Many of us here belong to it! Bad luck, Tim.

  8. Ouch!! Yeah been there done that myself too. Once with a Nikonos IV, a Nikonos V, and a 3 month old Nikon D70. I find Margaritas a good source of comfort. Lets just it doesn't happen again.

     

    Stephen

  9. Oh man, sorry to hear that.

     

    As others have mentioned, been there, done that myself.

     

    The 'ritas and :goodpost: may not help, but they definately are worth an attempt....

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  10. Its never good to hear news like that Tim. Mind you lets be positive hear, at least you can now convert to Canon and be done with it. !!!!

     

    Stew

  11. Its never good to hear news like that Tim. Mind you lets be positive hear, at least you can now convert to Canon and be done with it. !!!!

     

    Stew

    :goodpost:

    You beast; actually I was thinking a similar thing about upgrading...it's time. Nikon again, of course. ;)

  12. Feel for you Tim :goodpost: The only housing I've managed to flood was someone else's

     

    I'm sure you a man of your experience doesn't need advising that the positive side is working out what went wrong and not repeating it.

  13. Oh no!! Really sorry to hear about Your loss Tim.

    I haven't been able to flood any housings (yet?) myself, but I can imagine the pain.

     

    Karel

  14. Tim, I know you wanted one of those nice new housings from Alsky but flooding the old one is a little extreme.

     

    Where was you and do you know the cause?

     

    Daniel

  15. May this never happpen again will be my prayer for you.......and thank god you have "lots of wide angle lenses" :goodpost: In India people have this belief: "this is the worse that had to happen and your bad luck is now over" Now i wonder if this means one can go out there and get a D700 and a new housing in the comfort of knowing that this will never happen again!!

     

    My hearfelt sympathies mate

     

    Diggy

  16. Sorry to hear that, Tim. The worst.

     

    Never flooded a housing, but having flooded a Nikonos (like everyone else) I can sympathise with the feeling.

     

    Alex

  17. It's bloody tough but welcome to the club....

    I did it with a Sony A1 video cam, it's the worst feeling in the world!

     

    Were you insured?

  18. We've all been there at some time, some more than others. Th scars can take years to heal. Just bite the bullet. Spend the cash. Get back on the horse and take precautions against falling off again.

     

    My philosophy has always been to never buy a boat you cannot afford to see sink. (Mine sank!) I carry that through with everything I own.

    Edited by John Bantin
  19. My philosophy has always been to never buy a boat you cannot afford to see sink. (Mine sank!) I carry that through with everything I own.

     

    Hey Juan B when was the last time you bought dive kit? (paid spondoolies) :goodpost:

     

    Having said that I know you paid top dollars for your camera kit. I could hear that scream from 2000 miles away when you flooded your Subal.

     

    Tim if you want to borrow a D200 until you get sorted drop me a PM I'll pop it in the post There's nothing worse than having an empty housing shlapping round.

     

    Nige Wade

  20. Oh, Tim....that sucks.

     

    I fully flooded a camera body and 100 mm lens.....(wait for it, it's good....) in the bathtub of my guest room last summer, soaking it AFTER a beach dive (during which I got repeatedly creamed by the surf, but did I flood it in the ocean? hell no. the tub.) somehow unclipped the housing back latch by catching it on my undergarment... I did not cry, but I did get a little drunk. I recommend a nice Belgian or Belgian-style ale or 4.

     

    Here's hoping you get this all resolved/replaced soon....and then the pain will start to fade....

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.