Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Reef Photo & Video

Started by kkgodiving ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Reef Photo & Video

24 posts
  1. I buy mostly from Reef. What I find great is their advice. They never NEVER steered me wrong. I occasionally buy from Backscatter and they are good too.

  2. Reef is great. Almost all of our gear has been purchased from them.

     

    Just don't depend on email for communication... pick up the phone. I've found they often don't respond promptly (if at all) to mere email inquiries... apparently they get an avalanche of email.

     

    My experience is that the e-mail communication is good but I've had issues getting phone calls returned with answers to my questions. I've also had minor issues with shipping like my order not shipping when I was told it would. I also think it would be nice to know on their website whether a product is in stock or not before I order. But these are not huge issues and I kind of think they get overwhelmed at times. And to be fair, I've often needed items last minute. I just make sure to give them a call if it doesn't ship when it's supposed to.

     

    But they are very knowledgeable and I got a screaming deal on the housing I purchased from them. And their service was excellent when I had a problem with my focus light.

  3. My MDX-D700 arrived today. What a beauty!

    Thank you all for your feedback on Reef Photo. Indeed superb service. I will be a fan and advocate.

  4. I just took my new Patima G11 housing bought at Reef with me during a "check the mooring" dive on 30''.

    Everything went well and so next time the G11 will be inside and the grip i grinded off a sheet of ss-steel

    will be holding my old Inon D-2000 strobe. I am exited to try her, the photos i shot ove the waterline

    in Miami where very good.

     

    Ordering from Reef was not without minor problems due that i especially flew from Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale

    to pick up the housing, camera and some extras more and that i am not american (no US-credit card).

    I may was too nervous about having everything ready when i arrive, but we had some "delays" with answeres from them.

    But when i finally arrived at the shop the housing and the other things where there except the G11 and so i had to run around

    Ft. Lauderdale to buy the camera. But at least i got everything and my new "Baby" is here and this counts for me.

     

    Ryan was superbusy and i almost didn't see him, so i was served by Raoul who was supernice and helpfull.

    Big THANKS Raul and PURA VIDA!!! Hope to see you here!!!

     

    Reef Photo has a very big shop and i consider them as informed and prepared, but i would suggest

    to work on their customer support and order processing (especially for non US-Residents).

    It may was a stressful time for them due to work overload or other troubles so i dont want to judge

    over them and i would buy again from Reef Photo.

     

    Chris

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.