Fred, you need to learn to try an understand humor, be it of any kind and take statement for what they are, pretty much every body understood that joke for what it was, a joke and I fail to see why humoristic reaction such as Chriso, however misspelled his anatomical repertoire is, could be viewed as an attack on your values, or result in such virulent response from you.
On being an expert: I know you long enough to know that pretty much anything that is manufactured out there will never be good enough for you and that there is always something to modify, reinvent, redesign or adapt. Good for you! I get it, cause I've known how you work since the early 90's and that’s your thing and I could state that you are an expert at modifying stuff, that don't mean I need to see your diploma in engineering (should you have one), I myself do not have a diploma to prove it, but still consider myself an expert at driving my wife crazy, (It is a joke BTW!
).
An expert, IMO, is someone knowledgeable in a field, someone who answers question in a useful, practical and intelligent manner; unfortunately it can also be a moron with a list of diplomas who like to try and impress lesser educated folks with his academic knowledge (I prefer field experienced expert myself). I like to think that the forum members are not dimwits, and somehow would appreciate if that recent tendency to view them as such would disappear. Some if not many of the members might be starting up in underwater photography, still, in my book that sure don’t make them imbeciles, I’m sure they can figure out the following A) when it’s humor, B) when it’s commercial or opinioned BS and lastly C) when the thread is useful or not for their purpose, be it that who writes it gets a free pop corn, motorcycle or free trip to Kansas as long as the message comes across as informative and not as a sales pitch (press release exist for that purpose and again, I trust people enough to take it that these documents are issued to highlight a product and not as instructional material).