Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EOS1Ds with white sharks

Started by StephenFrink ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

EOS1Ds with white sharks

21 posts
  1. Hi Stu,

     

    Hope you are having fun with your Subal :huh:

     

    That is an awesome firework shot -- I've been wanting to get one like that for a while, but could never get a good vantage point let alone get the exposure right! Love the beautiful foreground/background.

     

    I guess the point is well taken that even with the 10D a stop or more of dynamic range can be squeezed out of the camera with RAW... probably the best compromise with the 10D is to keep to JPGs for Macro and non-sunburst WA shots, and switch to RAW for the sunballs. What do you think? I guess certain creatures with extreme variations in tone on their bodies might dictate a RAW shot on Macro too.

     

    Anyhow, the point may be moot for me topside at least. I managed to get my hands on 2 Dell Small Business coupons (10% and 15% off) that brings the 1D down to $2,405 incl. tax and shipping! I'm trying to resist the call.... but the 1D has hands down the best dynamic range of any digital camera. I'll have to fork out for C1 too after that

     

    Yeang

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.