Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Golden Girl - NWS

Started by loftus ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Golden Girl - NWS

24 posts
  1. FWIW, shot with the new Nikon 16-35. :)

     

    As always, stunning work.

  2. Awesome shots... Me like! :)

     

    Ed.

  3. HI again Jeff,

     

    Please don't misunderstand what I was saying. I was not trying to infer any "right" or "wrong" at all. Simply saying that the underwater fashion shots that I have seen and like the best were very clearly taken in the underwater environment - usually a pool. And its something I would love to try, but just haven't made it happen. I'm still in the middle of that transition from film to digital. And having fun with that, but spending a lot of time trying to get my new D700 housings modified to the level of convenience of operation that I had with the F5 housings I used for the last ten years. I'm finally getting close. And since we live within reasonable distance of each other, I hope that we might get the chance to meet this winter when I'm back in Florida. Right now I'm in South Australia. I also really appreciate your comments on the lenses as I have just finished having gears made for the 16-35mm lens (now added to the 17-34 and 14-24). I used and liked the 17-35 almost from its introduction. The other two lenses I haven't really gotten to use yet as my last big dive trip was to Lembeh.

     

    Again, my compliments on the pictures and my thanks on your analysis of the lenses.

     

    Fred

     

     

    Hi Fred,

     

    Am interested to know exactly what you have in you d700 set up. I am looking to get the d700 with a Nexus housing and was looking to use the 14-24mm lens but not sure if this is my best option. I noticed you stated the 16-35mm is now added to your 17034 and 14-24.

    Can you give me some advice on what you like best and why? Also, are/were you in South Australia for the Cuttlefish breeding at Whyalla? My husband and I just returned from there a couple of weeks ago. Amazing stuff, we had a great time.

     

    Deb

  4. I must have been away when you posted these. Amazing images, and such a beautiful girl.

     

    Stew

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.