I finally found a critter I had been searching for for a long time…..
… Some of you who have been here in the last few months have heard me going on about a Geographic Sea Hare. Barb has taken some amazing photos of this creature, with it’s lovely fractal green body, and she has seen several of them.
It had become a bit of a Dive Resort joke. The guides and Barb had seen the Sea Hare on one particular site on multiple occasions. Whenever I went there we never found it. As soon as I missed a dive to the site, it was seen….it was getting frustrating.
Well, we were at another site close by, and had had an amazing dive with three Mimics, a Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Ornate Ghost Pipefish and much more. We were in the shallows and suddenly, what did I see in front of me?? A tiny little Geographic Sea Hare!!! I couldn’t believe it!! I showed Joe, on of our guides, and he just started laughing.. finally we had found one!! And doubly pleasing, it was me who found it!!
So enjoy the video of this very cool Sea Hare. This one was tiny, about 3cm 91 inch) long. You can see it eating some food at the end.
[vimeohd]26255510[/vimeohd]