Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Brand new Nauticam 550D housing flooded due to rocker button fault

Started by wtneo ·

  • 47Posts
  • 47Replies

Read-only discussion

Brand new Nauticam 550D housing flooded due to rocker button fault

47 posts
  1. I've got to admit that the phrase:

     

    'Those who live in glass houses....'

     

    springs to mind about now...

     

    Cheers, Simon

  2. Sorry Simon, but I fail to see the point of that post? :)

  3. Sorry Drew but I just had to giggle at a certain Nauticam dealer who appeared to gleefully hyjack a competitors bad review for their benefit only to have this come and bite them on the backside a few weeks later.

     

    "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" as the saying goes.

     

    I didn't mean to deflect the attention away from the poor guys who have had their brand new housings flood and their cameras and lenses wrecked due to a basic manufacturing design flaw. I'd be devastated if I was them :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. "Sorry Drew but I just had to giggle at a certain Nauticam dealer who appeared to gleefully hyjack a competitors bad review for their benefit only to have this come and bite them on the backside a few weeks later".

     

    Who could you mean?

  5. Hmmmm ... I haven't been here in awhile and so far have just had my housing on a few test dives. The notice from Nauticam comes as a bit of a surprise as I hadn't heard anything from them or the dealer on this. Time to go look a little more closely at my housing as I've got a big trip coming up. :)

  6. Did Nauticam replace your camera and lens in the end?

  7. I doubt they'd let them publicize such news, GSdivers. I know of manufacturers who have replaced equipment for customers with serious housing issues on the condition of NDAs and of course, no more bad mouthing! :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.