Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Bob-Cybergoldfish awaiting surgery

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Bob-Cybergoldfish awaiting surgery

28 posts
  1. Hello all,

     

    I received a email yesterday letting me know that Bob-Cybergoldfish is awaiting surgery. Following our Lembeh trip he was off to Sangalaki for Mantas. He had thought that he had gotten food poisoning as he was quite ill for a few days. They had even wondered if he had a diving related problem.

     

    Turns out that Bob went to the doctor on Nov 2nd when he returned to the UK and apparently has a collapsed artery and is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. I would say he is lucky nothing worse happened while diving.

     

    My thoughts definately go out to Bob and his family and wish him a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Get well soon my friend.

  2. Best wishes, Bob. Come back soon.

  3. Get well soon Bob...

  4. Get well soon, waiting to see you here soon as possible.

  5. Best wishes Bob. Hope you get well soon.

     

    James

  6. Get well soon, Bob.

  7. Bob, you're in our prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

     

    Jim

  8. Best wishes for a swift recovery Bob.

    Rand

  9. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We missed you.

  10. Best wishes for your recovery Bob

  11. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :D

    The dive gods were with you that nothing happened during your trips and that this was diagnosed upon your return.

     

    Take care,

     

    Jack

  12. Echoing all the good wishes above, heal fast and return, we'll be missing your acerbic wit.

  13. I forgot to add that apparently he has not smoked for a week as a result so I'm sure that whit is exceptionally sharp right now. My best wishes to the nursing staff also.

  14. I hope you are alright.

    Get well soon Dr Bob.

     

    Luv and kisses from your arch enemy.

     

     

    Paul P

    XXX

  15. I'm just back from an so-so liveaboard from Cairns, I was shocked when I saw the email. Best wishes to Bob.

     

    Stephane

  16. What no Ciggies???? No beer and crap hospital food? no wonder the guys suffering. I've heard that a pack of Marlborough Lights and a bottle of Singha beer will cure anything.

     

    Hope you get well soon.

  17. Shhh, I just hacked into the hospital LAN! :ph34r:

    Thanks for the well-wishes guy's... Much appreciated.

     

    As Todd has mentioned a constricted artery (Angina) was reveiled during an Angiogram last Friday, after collapsing in pain on Sunday before. Everyone is treated as if they got a big H.A. until proven otherwise, which the angio' did, just 1 of 4 main arteries had become blocked (I'll be writing about it more fully for the DP on my discharge, as it may help others). :D

     

    I am assured it will not be affecting my diving etc after the Angioplast 'Stents' are fitted to re-open the artery, which is good having just got new cameras and housings lol! This takes place on Friday at 10.00.

    Staff at hospital are Fantastic, and I tried to string out bed-baths as long as

    I could... but! :o

     

     

    Cheers,

     

    Bob

  18. Maybe they can ship Kennedy in to help you with those baths/ LOL

  19. Right about hospital food...

     

    I have generated enough methane over the last 10 days to power a small country... Wishing I had a bad cold too eh!

  20. Just in, Bob Whorton spotted behind hospital by on lookers. Apparently hospital food has affected his well...off gasing.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.