Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony 1080/60i stored as 30p? Confused.

Started by echeng ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony 1080/60i stored as 30p? Confused.

24 posts
  1. I guess this could have been done over email or Skype, eh? No one else cares!

    Eric,

    Thanks for keeping this public; trying to learn about video, it's great to lurk in the background and learn something.....

  2. How do I turn off resize and retiming? I don't see a way to do that in the dialog box. I would assume that if I'm not resizing or retiming, it would ignore those settings.

     

    Opps. I meant turn it to fast. Somehow it does make a slight difference in speed the few times I tested. could've been an anomaly.

  3. Eric,

    Thanks for keeping this public; trying to learn about video, it's great to lurk in the background and learn something.....

    I'm hoping others can learn from my confusion. :)

  4. If the video footage was shot at 60fps and you would like to import them to iMovie, I suggest you convert the 60fps footage to 30fps footage.

     

    If you would like to import 60fps to FCE or FCP for further editing, I suggest you maintain the same video frame rate.

     

    If your video footage was shot at 60i, it's best to select 30fps or 29.97fps as the preferred frame rate.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.