Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

55kgs! This is getting silly...

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

55kgs! This is getting silly...

32 posts
  1. Furniture polish works really well at taking the luggage handling system marks and scuff off the luggage after the trip.

     

    Mine, however, are acquiring the patina of age... I chose the two-wheelers for their low profile runners. The four-wheelers looked far too frail.

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  2. Speedos .. or perhaps something a little less disturbing! And NO not lycra shorts italian style.

     

    Nothing worse than a full grown man walking around a boat in Speedos Drew. Boardshorts don't weigh much at all, I'm sure you could fit some in :drink:

     

    Well, avoiding the fashion and cultural implications (think Brazil and France :)), there's also a utilitarian component you prudish types don't seem to accept. Excess material creates folds and creases under the wetsuit, making it sometimes uncomfortable (for me anyhow). Weightwise, 3 pairs of Sungas (brief swimwear) weigh less than 1 board shorts, and will dry quicker. On a boat, on a trip with the sole purpose of diving, speedos are just the most practical swimwear to use. And I also don't care what other people think of what I'm wearing. :)

    That said, if I were surfing, kite surfing, kayaking or any other vigorous activity , I wouldn't wear a speedo cos they'd rip apart. But under a wetsuit, comfort is the most important thing for any activity. And a speedo is that for me.

     

    I'm not sure where Tim is going for his trip. But if he had to pack for a winter/cold water dive trip (say Antarctica or Artic) then 55kg would be a great weight to have.

    Edited by Drew
  3. Well, avoiding the fashion and cultural implications , speedos are just the most practical swimwear to use. And I also don't care what other people think of what I'm wearing. :drink:

     

    Yes but they do come in other colours than pink Drew

     

    Stew

  4. Well Stew, you may not be aware but Real Men Wear Pink is an ongoing campaign in Oct. for breast cancer awareness, since Oct. is breast cancer awareness month around the world. If wearing a pink speedo gets women to pay attention to their health, I'll gladly don them, even on other days besides Fridays. :drink:

     

    Real Men Wear Pink Facebook

     

    Even in the UK there's Pink Friday

    Edited by Drew
  5. I can highly recommend Aeroskin swim shorts. They stay put under a wetsuit, very comfortable, provide a bit of warmth and the other people on the boat don't laugh near as much.

     

    Heck, they even have a pair with pink trim.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  6. Well Stew, you may not be aware but Real Men Wear Pink is an ongoing campaign in Oct. for breast cancer awareness, since Oct. is breast cancer awareness month around the world. If wearing a pink speedo gets women to pay attention to their health, I'll gladly don them, even on other days besides Fridays. :drink:

     

    Real Men Wear Pink Facebook

     

    Even in the UK there's Pink Friday

     

     

    Like your style. Louise said that if you wear a pair and have a photo taken in them she will email it to all of her female friends to make them aware that they need to check themselves frequently.

     

    Real men stick to their words Drew. Lol

     

    If wearing a pink speedo gets women to pay attention to their health, I'll gladly don them

    Stew

  7. No problem with wearing speedos under a wetty or even pre/post dive. It's the guys that think it's ok to strip of into just speedos soon as the step foot on a boat, and stay like that fo the entire tip, that's disturbing. This is coming from a crew members perspective.

     

    One of the white water rafting trips here specifically say in their briefing that speedos are not ok cause it's an all male crew. Girls wearing bikinis is encouraged though of course.

  8. These last 2 posts have made this thread go to that zone of 'Things that make you go ...HMMMM?' :drink::)

  9. Dunno, the thought of you parading about town in a pair of pink budgie smugglers has more entertainment value than if Tim can fit all of his >55Kg's of 'stuff' into the boxes that he has currently available.

     

    If you want to come and try it in our local town Drew I will take the picture for Louise - you _will_ get arrested shortly after, oh, and it is getting colder so don't delay.

     

    This way I could also vouch for the authenticity of the said photograph - we don't want any accusations of the Photoshop equivalent of ball tampering - oh, er, wrong analogy - lets try vote buying as we may or may not have in FIFA at present.

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  10. Its just hit 60kgs gross and thats with putting three first stages in my pockets...

     

    Sounds like you need a bigger jacket.

     

     

    Girls wearing bikinis is encouraged though of course.

     

    Why wouldnt it be?

    :)

  11. A genius and visionary, Plato once wrote in 345 B.C.:

     

    Αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης για δεν βρέθηκαν αποτελέσματα Παρακαλώ δοκιμάστε πάλι

     

    ("A man cannot have too much underwater photography equipment.")

    Edited by harrym
  12. Nice one Harry!

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.