Like crack for kids! LOL
- 45Posts
- 45Replies
Read-only discussion
D7000 noise performance
-
-
Excellent, I am looking forward to seeing those comparisons...
Luiz
-
-
How is it possible to have similar or almost even ISO, with smaller image processor and more pixels than D700.
It has been discussed here why D700 have so good ISO, large Image processor but few Mp right, large each pixel with good quality?
I thought I had to go FF but maybe not.
How is D800 gonna be???
gassa
-
How is it possible to have similar or almost even ISO, with smaller image processor and more pixels than D700.
It has been discussed here why D700 have so good ISO, large Image processor but few Mp right, large each pixel with good quality?
I thought I had to go FF but maybe not.
How is D800 gonna be???
gassa
The single most important factor relating to noise is pixel size. So generally speaking when one compares sensors of a similar generation the rule of larger and fewer pixels means less noise holds true.
But there are other factors related to sensor design, in camera processing etc that can effect the visible noise output, so as sensor and processing design improves with each generation of sensors we can expect better noise performance for higher megapixel sensors.
As to whether you should wait for a D800 or not really depends what your needs are; from my experience with this camera if you plan to shoot up to 1600 ISO, image quality of the D7000 with regard to noise performance is very similar to the D700. Once one gets to 3200 and beyond the D700 starts to outshine the D7000.