Hi everyone,
Could you experts please let me have your opinions. I have been shooting underwater for about 2 years now using a Nikon D40 in an Ikelite housing with Ikelite strobes. I have been planning on upgrading camera bodies for some time and my intention was to wait for the successor to the D300s. Now that the D7000 is out with such high specs, some people are questioning whether the successors to the D300s and D700 will be one single full frame camera. For various reasons, I am not interested in moving to full frame. I can't decide if I should just go for the D7000 now or wait patiently for the D300s next year.
Pros of getting the D7000 now:
- instant gratification and I can enjoy using a good camera sooner
- I know exactly what I am getting rather than waiting for something that is unknown
- from all accounts, the D7000 looks to be a great camera
- Aquatica and Nauticam have released nice new housings for the D7000
Pros of waiting for the successor to the D300s:
- I know I will be getting the best of Nikon cropped sensor and won't have the urge to upgrade in the future
- with the recent innovations in the D7000, the D300s could be a real kick ass camera
- hopefully it will keep me happy for years
Btw I am also planning to switch to Inon Z240 strobes and I shoot almost exclusively with my strobes in manual anyway.
Please let me know your thoughts on both sides of the issue.
Many thanks.