Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17mm with teleconverter

Started by john70490 ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17mm with teleconverter

22 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

  2. There you go :) but with an 8" dome port, and a 1.4 kenko DGS and of course 10-17 Tokina

    1022_farneislands_5784.jpg

  3. Thanks! Great shot! Farnes?

    Edited by john70490
  4. Wow, nice shot!

  5. Thank you :) yes Farnes last October

  6. I used that setup (10-17, 1.4x) exclusively last yr at Cozumel. It was my first time using that setup and I liked it a lot.

    I used the small dome from Nexus (made for the 10-17) with a 20mm extension.

    Here is a link to the pics from that trip.

     

    Cozumel w/ 10-17 plus 1.4x

  7. Hi John

    If the mini-dome is tuned for the Tokina 10-17 then it will not work well with the 10-17 and a 1.4 tele-converter without a 20mm extension. The edges will be fuzzy as the nodal point will not be in the proper place.

  8. I used that setup (10-17, 1.4x) exclusively last yr at Cozumel. It was my first time using that setup and I liked it a lot.

    I used the small dome from Nexus (made for the 10-17) with a 20mm extension.

    Here is a link to the pics from that trip.

     

    Cozumel w/ 10-17 plus 1.4x

     

    Thanks Dave! Some nice shots there.

  9. Hi John

    If the mini-dome is tuned for the Tokina 10-17 then it will not work well with the 10-17 and a 1.4 tele-converter without a 20mm extension. The edges will be fuzzy as the nodal point will not be in the proper place.

     

    Hi Bill,

    Scott, the seller, writes "For sale is a custom made mini-dome port (4" diameter) customized for wide angle macro to work with the Tokina 10-17mm w/1.4x teleconverter- the port extension is matched to the exit pupil of the lens", so it should work fine, don't you think?

  10. A quick and rough check would be this. from the center of the end of the lens, the glass it should be about 1.5" or 38 mm to the center of the dome. If you get this with a 1.4 then your probably ok. If it is a 3/4" or 19mm then it's for use without the tele converter. I do realize that you don't have it yet. What housing do you have?

  11. A quick and rough check would be this. from the center of the end of the lens, the glass it should be about 1.5" or 38 mm to the center of the dome. If you get this with a 1.4 then your probably ok. If it is a 3/4" or 19mm then it's for use without the tele converter. I do realize that you don't have it yet. What housing do you have?

     

    Ikelite #6808.

  12. Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

    Hi John,

     

    I recently purchased the 4.3" minidome for my nauticam housing. I use a full frame d700 camera and had a 1.4 teleconverter also, so I went and bought the Tokina 10-17 and have just returned from Byron Bay - Australia and here are a few of the shots with this combination. I am still very new to wide angle.

    To me the combination works great and I can't wait to get out and use it some more.

     

    Deb

    post-25736-1299188733.jpg]post-25736-1299188745.jpgpost-25736-1299188761.jpg

  13. Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

     

    Hi John,

     

    Photos came out a bit small, will post again.

    Deb

    [attach

    ment=16457:_DSC0144.jpg]

  14. Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

     

    Hi John,

     

    Photos came out a bit small, will post again.

    Deb

    [

  15. Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

     

    Hi John,

     

    Photos came out a bit small, will post again.

    Deb

    [

     

    Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

     

    Hi John,

     

    Photos came out a bit small, will post again.

    Deb

    [

     

    post-25736-1299189663.jpg

    Hi everyone,

    I would love to see some pictures taken withh this combination. The reason is that I bought the custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite advertised in the Classifieds section yesterday. I already have a 1.4x TC (Tamron, older model, not designed specifically for digital but made in the same factory as Kenco and works fine, at least on land) and wondered what kind of results I might be able to get with the set-up.

    I know someone posted some shots somehwere recently but am unable to find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks!

    John

     

     

    Hi John,

     

    Photos came out a bit small, will post again.

    Deb

    [

  16. Hi Deb,

    Great shots! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to testing the set-up eventually. At the moment the sea is still frozen all along the coast to the Norwegian border, so we haven't been able to get in the water all winter :) This only happens about once every 10 years but it's the second year in a row. Global cooling? :)

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.