Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Diy Led underwater flash strobe

Started by uwdiy ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Diy Led underwater flash strobe

28 posts
  1. @Packhorse:

     

    The pins on the hot shoe are simply shorted. Take care of the max. voltage for your camera's hotshoe, though.

    I don't know what LED you're using, but you might try the IR led for remote controls. My Yongnuo flashes, for example, are easily triggered by TV remote, even from one meter or more...

  2. Not much help unless you are a boffin but it seems that pins 2,3,4 & 5 are for digital serial communication with ETTL strobes rather than simple high/low status signals. They communicate stuff such as aperture, focal length, shutter speed. ISO etc. Top left is the data clock, top right & bottom left carry the data.

     

     

    EDIT - Here you go :-

    http://kzar.net/wiki/Photo/CanonE-TTLProtocol

     

     

    Hello, do you know where I could find iTTL specifications for Nikons?

     

    Cheers !

  3. Yes they are trigger like flashes (short duration pulse ) the caps are regulars nikonos protectors caps.

     

    Thanks and happy dives

     

    Hello,

    Excellent job.

    Any ideas to increase pulse width up to 20ms (1/50)? I can use a small macroprocessor for doing it.

    Cheers,

    Alvaro

  4. Cool stuff.

  5. Alvaro

    Yes you can control the amount of light by adjusting the pulse duration

  6. just at the right timing.... I wanted to make a mini strobe for my camera to trigger the external strobe.

     

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. how did this all progress along I'm in the same boat with an ikelite housing and looking at optical triggered strobes :D the only thing is the new ikelite housings are no longer fully clear and I'm having to mount something on a hot shoe extension cable to somewhere not on the front of the camera like a popup flash would be....

    Edited by T.Reid
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.