Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EPL-2 as alternative to high end compact

Started by Tim_E ·

  • 45Posts
  • 45Replies

Read-only discussion

EPL-2 as alternative to high end compact

45 posts
  1. I would love to know too whether the WCON-P01 is useable with the WA-100EP port. Anyone had a try ?

  2. Hi Don,

     

    The E-PL2 housing has two standard optical ports which are about 5/16's inch across or a bit smaller. The coming housing for the E-PL3 will have a larger optical window. I expect your Heinricch Digital adapters for the Nikonos style sync cords could be fired by both housings if the DA's were attached over the fiber optic ports.

     

    I agree that the Olympus E-620 camera and housing while a very nice system is more than a bit out of date in todays digital world.

     

    Phil Rudin

    Phil. I got the EPL-2 and its housing. How do I adapt the Oly plugs to work with Inon f/o cord? Do I need a special plug or simply put a hole in the ones I got? I am using Inon D2000.

  3. Phil. I got the EPL-2 and its housing. How do I adapt the Oly plugs to work with Inon f/o cord? Do I need a special plug or simply put a hole in the ones I got? I am using Inon D2000.

     

    I have the exact same setup.

    I just put a hole in the plug. Works well.

  4. I have the exact same setup.

    I just put a hole in the plug. Works well.

     

     

    The housing comes with two plugs for the optical port openings. Cut the end off the plug where it fits into the housing and push the cord end into the plug until the fiber cord is flush with the end of the plug.

     

    Phil

  5. The housing comes with two plugs for the optical port openings. Cut the end off the plug where it fits into the housing and push the cord end into the plug until the fiber cord is flush with the end of the plug.

     

    Phil

    Thanks Phil, (that was too easy~)

     

    Do I set the RC to Off or On? I noticed elsewhere you suggest using Manual not TTL. What is relationship between RC & TTL mode?

    I have been using the Inon in EA mode pretty successfully.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.