Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal Nikon D7000 housing imminent?

Started by cor ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal Nikon D7000 housing imminent?

28 posts
  1. Alex's memory must be better than mine!

     

    I thought that they were interchangeable-with no caveats. Now I'm not sure!

     

    Adam

  2. You mean this......:)

    They have a ADEX booth opposite mine! Hope to see some Wetpixellers tomorrow night for the meet and greet gathering.

    looks nice. when shooting stills in live view(is that what nikon call it too?) on the nikons, what's the shutter lag like?

  3. I dont recall ever noticing any shutter lag. Definitely wasn't an issue for me when I used it (rarely use it). Dont have my D7000s here to check unfortunately.

  4. looks nice. when shooting stills in live view(is that what nikon call it too?) on the nikons, what's the shutter lag like?

     

    I didn't notice much shutter lag with the D7000. I still prefer to use the optical viewfinder for pin sharp focusing for stills. The live view and Subal's new prism viewfinder would be great for HD video.

     

    No definite date for general release yet but I will certainly get an early unit for evaluation.

     

    Cheers

     

    David

  5. Alex's memory must be better than mine!

     

    I thought that they were interchangeable-with no caveats. Now I'm not sure!

     

    Adam

     

    Now I am doubting what I remember!

     

    Looking at the design - the prism would need you to remove a magnified viewfinder - which I guess would raise some Subal caveats!

     

    Alex

  6. would be nice to shoot video like that.

     

    might be nice for stills too, if the nikon live view is quick enough to capture the decisive moment.

     

    as long as it's not a vertical moment that is :)

    Edited by photovan
  7. post-1861-1303619321.jpg

     

    Well I was sorta right. The extreme sides of the monitor are blocked.

     

    post-1861-1303619328.jpg

     

    But as you can see, in comparison... it's functional.

     

    As an ADEX bonus, I have an interview with Rolf Stepanek about some of the issues raised on this thread. That'll be up soon.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.