Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Britain's Secret Seas : Sunday 8pm BBC2/BBC HD Channel

Started by Stuart Keasley ·

  • 45Posts
  • 45Replies

Read-only discussion

Britain's Secret Seas : Sunday 8pm BBC2/BBC HD Channel

45 posts
  1. It would be great to actually be able to watch it.... bugger iplayer here in Australia.

  2. Whoever decided to backlight the presenter during the dive-in-tea windfarm sequence needs a pat on the back.......only a short clip but it turned a very silty dive into something much more appealing visually. Well done - was it you holding the light Stu?

  3. Whoever decided to backlight the presenter during the dive-in-tea windfarm sequence needs a pat on the back.......only a short clip but it turned a very silty dive into something much more appealing visually. Well done - was it you holding the light Stu?

    Yes, it was... the footage doesn't do the vis justice, it was real pea soup down there!

  4. I'm getting quite into this: I thought the third episode pretty good. Paul is growing on me, even if I suspect that an Antarctic winter with him might have been a bit of a struggle. I really liked the freediving and I thought the Farne seals were well done. As an ex-lobster biologist I thought that the true evil nature of lobsters was avoided, though I like them, really. The surface and aerial photography has been very good. It's interesting to see Trinity House's activity in the modern world (did anyone see the wonderful documentary based on Bella Bathurst's The Lighthouse Stevensons, featuring the Northern Lighthouse Board?). I also appreciate the effort to get something out of dire North Sea vis (Simon, an expert in creating stunning images in low vis. seems to agree): ta!!

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

    Edited by tdpriest
  5. I'm really late to this party - but watched the southern seas episode last night (which I'd downloaded and is due to expire soon), which I thought was pretty decent TV. Nothing earth shattering - but then a show like this is about taking the obvious to the masses.

     

    Alex

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.