Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe CS5.5 Upgrade finally done!

Started by Drew ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe CS5.5 Upgrade finally done!

22 posts
  1. Red Giant's installers are for CS5 not 5.5 but if you transfer the plug ins from the CS5 Media Core folder to the CS5.5 media core, you will find them all working just fine. The Trapcode plug ins will directly install into 5.5 so no extra work needs to be done with that.

    Steve

  2. Without getting too much into the intricacies of digital workflow, perhaps I should be a little more elaborate to get the message through. All NLEs have a way of inputting meta data include notes etc. They just use different formats and sometimes they even are interoperable.

    For instance, Avid,Adobe and others started with AAF for other programs like Quantel, Smoke etc. FCP came in with XML. Then Avid went with AAF with MXF, with a little Avid dark magic but no good XML. So there's software by autoduck which has to translate XML to AAF and vice versa.

    Vegas has AAF and EDL import and export for projects, but that's a different thing. What I'm looking for is adding metadata to individual video clips e.g. scientific name, common names, dive site, other species in clip, equivalent file name at stock footage rep, camera settings, shot type, which projects used in, related clips etc. etc..

    Nick, regarding Vegas, AAF was the industry standard. So you may just want to check if Autoduck can export out to XML from your AAF. XML can be edited by a text editor so you can compile hundreds of lists to make an entire data base.

    I'm not sure how you are going to pull your SQL data back into XML format that your NLE will understand.

     

    I am with Nick regarding the need for a tool to manage not only clips but their content. The difference with you guys is that I am just getting started, so I don't have TB of footage to manage (yet).

    I would argue that I'd rather have this independent from the NLE software, but accessible from it. Especially when software X from brand A becomes obsolete or superseded by software C from brand Z and you can't take advantage of your database anymore...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.