Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help with Aquatica AD7000

Started by Anders Nyberg ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Aquatica AD7000

31 posts
  1. I have made ​​a test dive with my Aquatica AD7000, all keys are working perfectly on land before the dive, when Im at 10m depth,... all the buttons on the back stop working?

    managed some times to start "live view" but could not turn it off? It seems as if the "Metering Pattern Selector button (nr:22)" is pressed in all the time?...

    Is it something I did wrong when I install the camera? any tips?

    Best Regards Anders

  2. Dear Anders,

     

    I had the same issue with mine. Using Live View under water wasn't possible, I switch on, but couldn't turn it off again. Even though it was working out of the water. I dropped a mail to Jean Bruneau at Aquatica.

    They sent me the corrective parts last week. In order to identify what is causing the problem, they would need a picture of the inside of your housing.

    I haven't been able to test it underwater. Will do so on Sunday and let you know.

    Regards

     

    Joerg

  3. Sometimes these problems can be rectified by making sure that the camera is correctly positioned on the tray. Worth checking.

     

    Alex

  4. Same problem, at first I thought it was something I was doing. But after sitting in the shallows I found everything worked at 1-2 meters but past 2 meters everything froze up. But I could not figure out what button was causing the problem. Sent mine back to Backscatter, a week ago they were not sure where the problem was.

     

    Joerg, was the "Metering Pattern Selector Button the problem with yours also? With mine everything would freeze but you could change the Mode, you could turn on Live View but not shoot video or take a picture in live mode and the camera would fire but just with whatever settings you had at the surface.

    Edited by NWDiver
  5. If all the buttons on the back stop working it sounds like one of them isn't springing back and locking the rest up.

     

    Speak to Jean (on here), he's usually very quick to sort this sort of stuff out.

     

    My Live View button sometimes stuck so they sent me out stronger springs and a new button assembly within a couple of days.

  6. Hi

    Could take some pictures but had to turn the camera off between the shots

    really felt like you had an old fashioned film camera, haha

    :)

  7. Anders, Send me a picture of the inside of your housing showing the live view linkage at jean@aquatica.ca so I can take a look at the issue and I will get back to you ASAP with a solution.

  8. Dear NWDiver,

     

    On mine the LiveView button was stuck. I have changed now the whole mechanism for the LiveView button. The only difference I have noticed was that the screw on which the knob for the LiveView button sits is a bit shorter.

    Even though I had to play around a bit by tightening/ relaxing the screw till it was working smoothly.

    BUT as I said: I haven't tested it underwater. This will come Sunday. (fingers crossed)

    Regards

     

    Joerg

  9. Jean, I have sent picture to you.. :)

     

    /A

  10. Got them thanks! will get back to you via PM

  11. This might be a dumb response but you did remove the rubber eye cup from the viewfinder before putting the camera in the housing?

     

    John

  12. Yes :)

  13. FYI

    Just spoke to Backscatter. They said it was the "shoot" Live View button that was the issue. It is being replaced and should be fine.

  14. I had the same problem. Live view wouldn't work from around 2 meters,then worked again after the dive . Jean sent me corrective parts super fast and ill be testing it on Saturday.

     

    Mark

  15. I have the same problem with the Aquatica D7000 housing. It stays stuck in live view. Once stuck, it won't shoot video, and it won't go back into still mode. It's apparently a problem with the housing. I emailed for help several times while on my dive trip, but didn't hear back with any tech support.

    Edited by mattdives
  16. I have the same problem with the Aquatica D7000 housing. It stays stuck in live view. Once stuck, it won't shoot video, and it won't go back into still mode. It's apparently a problem with the housing. I emailed for help several times while on my dive trip, but didn't hear back with any tech support.

     

     

    PM sent.

  17. PM sent.

     

    Jean, mind commenting publicly on what appears to be a pretty significant issue with a pretty significant number of Aquatica D7000 housings? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on this housing, but want to know if this issue has been resolved yet. Thanks.

  18. I have the same problem with the Aquatica D7000 housing. It stays stuck in live view. Once stuck, it won't shoot video, and it won't go back into still mode. It's apparently a problem with the housing. I emailed for help several times while on my dive trip, but didn't hear back with any tech support.

     

    The power of forums!

  19. Jean, mind commenting publicly on what appears to be a pretty significant issue with a pretty significant number of Aquatica D7000 housings? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on this housing, but want to know if this issue has been resolved yet. Thanks.

     

    We have a production meeting on this Monday, I know engineering is looking into it, so as soon as I have info regarding this I will post, at this point it seem to point to tolerance being a hair to close and when pressure come into play, they become too tight. it look like a significant number, believe me, I feel a single case is a significant number, but according to serial number we have been collecting, its not a widespread issue, but a localized batch, then again as I said I will know more about it early next week and will respond officially on our website news page and to any individuals who contact me... Stay tuned.

  20. Exact same Live View problem for me. Partially resolved with new parts kit. Jean and Mauricio have been VERY responsive and diligent toward fully resolving the problem.

    Steve

    Edited by sspeiser
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.