Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help with Aquatica AD7000

Started by Anders Nyberg ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Aquatica AD7000

31 posts
  1. Just a heads up, I'm just out from the production meeting and have good news, I just need to write up a text and a testing procedure and post it on our website, I will let you know the moment its up on our site.

     

    Anyone who has a Live View issue with the AD7000 is welcome to contact me at jean@aquatica.ca at their convenience, the sooner we can get you up and running, the better for everyone..

  2. Dear all,

     

    Finally I got wet yesterday. :) I have tried now, after putting in the corrective parts sent by Jean, using the Live View on my Ad7000.

    I have been max depth 8 meters and everything was fine.

    Thanks to Jean and good luck for fixing the issue for all others.

     

    Cheers

    Joerg

  3. Hi guys here is what is being posted on our website regarding the AD7000 Live View issue. if any of you need assistance or have question, please feel free to contact me at jean@aquatica.ca, I will gladly walk you through the step by step procedure for testing to see if you have any isue or not. I will be at the Digital shootout in Bonaire next week, but should be able to monitor my e-mail from there, but just in case I can't get a decent connection, you should copy info@aquatica.ca,

     

    I will be here until Friday the 17 am and be back in the office on the 27 and off course, there is the wetpixel mail box, should any of you need to contact me.

     

    June 14, 2011

     

     

    Notice from: Aquatica Digital service department

     

    It has been found that on a small number of Aquatica AD7000 housings already delivered, the working tolerances of the Live View mechanism were set too close, as a result, once the housing is immerged and the ambient pressure builds up, the Main O-ring compresses, preventing the Live View actuating linkage from springing back.

     

    Aquatica has made a kit containing all parts required to solve this issue. These updated parts are easily installed by the users and their installation will not compromise the sealing integrity of the housing.

     

    If you have not had the opportunity of diving with your Aquatica AD7000 housing yet, you can test the tolerance by simply setting up the camera in the housing, removing the Main O-ring and reattaching the back and front, next, try activating the Live View lever, it should work normally and spring back to its resting position. If it fails to do so, then please contact us at info@aquatica.ca with the housing serial number and the name of the dealer it has been purchased from.

     

    Aquatica Digital sincerely apologize to its users for this inconvenience and can only stress that it is committed and determined to resolve this issue promptly.

     

    The service department of Aquatica Digital.

  4. Hi

    tested the camera a few times in the water now, even though it hangs it has been incredibly fun to shoot with TTL using fiber optics and Inon-Z240 ...

    Sets the camera before the dive and then run the same settings all the time I am first timer to TTL :):D

     

    Now waiting for replacement parts for the camera.. :good:

     

    /A

    post-4494-1308071668.jpg

  5. I have issues with my AD7000 as well. At ten meters all my buttons on the rear seized to function. No preview, can't change ISO, can't shift focal point. Glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Aquatica recently addressed the LIVEVIEW toggle problem which was know from the start. Will the new kit and repairs fix my issue? I don't wanna end up on another 2 week trip only to find out on the first day that the buttons don't work. Already thinking twice about getting a second housing for my D700 from aquatica for my wide angle setup. Extremely disappointing impression of the product.

    Edited by beautifulabyss
  6. I have issues with my AD7000 as well. At ten meters all my buttons on the rear seized to function. No preview, can't change ISO, can't shift focal point. Glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Aquatica recently addressed the LIVEVIEW toggle problem which was know from the start. Will the new kit and repairs fix my issue? I don't wanna end up on another 2 week trip only to find out on the first day that the buttons don't work. Already thinking twice about getting a second housing for my D700 from aquatica for my wide angle setup. Extremely disappointing impression of the product.

     

    Have you contacted us at Aquatica about this issue? if not please do.

  7. Hi Jean,

     

    I am not in Canada but I have passed the housing to an agent and I'm awaiting their reply. So will the Liveview repair kit address the buttons problem? I understand that a few other users have the same problem as me.

    Edited by beautifulabyss
  8. Once your agent contact us, we will go through the testing procedure together, the problem that freeze the controls is pressure related as mentioned on our website, the fix kit we have available resolves this issue.

    Edited by Viz'art
  9. Hi Jean,

     

    Thank you very much for the information. My agent said that the kit is on the way and I hope that would fix the problem. Are there any known issues with for the D700 housing?

  10. Hi Jean,

     

    Thank you very much for the information. My agent said that the kit is on the way and I hope that would fix the problem. Are there any known issues with for the D700 housing?

     

    None, the D700 housing (#20061) has been in production for a few years now.

     

    As I said earlier, I will be in Bonaire for the Digital shootout next week (leaving tonight), usually, internet has a tendency to be sketchy in this area, I am usually quick to respond to post, so if you feel it’s a bit longer than usual, please do not interpret this as nonchalance (those who know me, know better than to think that about me, I hope :) ) but as an inability to get access to a proper connections.

  11. To echo Jean's post, there are no issues with the D700 housings and of the few D7000 housings I've sold, 1 had an issue and the part has been sent to the customer. No issues either with the D90, 7D and 5dmk2 housings. This as per the Aquatica press release, was limited to a few housings only.

     

    Cheers

     

    Stewart

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.