Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

tokina 10-17 on full frame

Started by dodelineur ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

tokina 10-17 on full frame

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I am upgrading my kit for a full frame canon. Should I keep my tokina 10-17 on it or should I better sell it for a 15mm 2.8 fisheye?

    I have seen that it seems to work quite well between 15-17mm on full frame, so basically the same angle on full frame than on a crop sensor at 10.

     

    So does the 2.8 capacity of the 15mm (canon or sigma) makes it a really better choice in my case?

     

    Your experience?

     

    Thank you

  2. Yes thank you for the link, but converter means 1f stop loss and I am not sure it will fit behind my hugyfot fisheye port...

    S.o. Have an experience with that?

  3. Not on a FF camera, I use the 10-17 on a 1.4X teleconverter with a 4" dome regularly on my 7D for CFWA work and like the combination a lot. My experience from this that would be applicable to a FF camera is that you will need an extension ring the same length as the teleconverter for your dome, an extended zoom ring to take into account the length of the teleconverter and the autofocus is a little slower in low light conditions and a good focus light is recommended in these conditions.

    Edited by Gudge
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.