British Technical diver Mark Ellyatt smashed the previous world record held by fellow Brit John Bennet (Probably a relation of Gordon) by just 5M to a depth of
313M!
Makes my 98m look a bit tame
Why? That's another question
WARNING:
THIS THREAD CONTAINS VAST AMOUNTS OF CHILDISH HUMOUR...
not so crazy ...
not that i would do it .... strangely though last i heard that guy was meant to be coming to Cayman to try his deep attempt ... how annoying he didnt come here to do it .. i have some things down there I want to know whats on the end of them .. such as our legendry north anchor site (great big ww2 anchor going down the wall ... i've been down to about 200ft ... you could still see the chain going down ... thats a huge anchor with at least 250ft of chain attached to the end of it .. the legend is the boat is still on the othre end ... yo deep diving bad boy come to cayman and tell me
August 17th 2002 - Provodenciales, Turks & Caicos.
ABSOLUTE WORLD RECORD ~ No Limits to 525ft/160m in 3 mins 26 seconds.
(Beat both men's and women's previous World Records - Mandy Cruickshank/136m and Loic Leferme/154m)
and she was holding her breath ! .. it may only be half as deep but comon .. thats like way crazy !
Did he do it on Apeks? The last record holder did. That would make it another British link.
Poseidon you plonker
Being from Austin, I took my cave certs from Jim Bowden and Ann Kristovich. Each of them has at one time held the world record for open circuit deep diving. After hearing Jim describe the experiences I would have to go with "CRAZY".
Jim is very colorful / charismatic, and I can think of no one I rather trust to save my life underwater. Ann is one of finest and most intelligent divers I've had the pleasure to learn from. What they do is probably not what you would do, but talking to them is always a pleasure.
Very interesting Craig. That reminded me of the book I read..."Beyond the Deep" I think it was called.
Crazy was definately a word that came to my mind while reading that also.
Slightly off-topic maybe, but does anyone know if you can fart at that depth (I'll bet Giles knows ) ?
I was just wondering whether one might do serious damage to ones internals and cause Haemorrhoids or something similar ... I suppose it's relavent to the gas laws: Maybe 'Piles Law'?
Not sure but you just had a brain fart my friend.
Hey, I was serious Think of the implications
Sorry Todd, I was offgassing
At depth it may affect your bouyancy though.
Just consider the size of the bubble when it hit the surface
News flash.
What was thought to be a school of Hammerheads breaching simulaneously in the Cocos was later discovered to be Doc Whorton releasing some of the the prior evenings chilli dinner. It was uncovered that Doc Whorton's "off gasing" at extreme depths caused the bubble to expand to unforseen dimensions and actually lifted the schooling Hammerheads right out of the water.
Doc Whorton has been banned from future consumption of Chilli in the Cocos Islands. It is not known what long term effects this will have on the fragile ecosystem.
That was great Todd, you should consider journalism
having never been to that depth I wouldnt be able to tell ya from my own personal experience, although a good fart at 100ft is extremely pleasurable. I have never recieved hemeroids from that. In fact the only odd injury I can think of is once when having a pee ... apparently the barracuda mistook my prince albert for a small fish and decided it looked tasty ..... very similar to catching your 'ahem' in your zipper
now think im serious !
I can confirm 70m was easy and event free.
Just imagine the surprise to one of the crew on USH with a lit cigarette!
BTW:That Redifine logo looks a womens reproductive system... Coincidence, mmm'
Barracuda are partial to baby moray
what redefined logo ya on about ... womens genitals .. where !!
On the Tanya link page!
i so see what ya saying with that one .. buuuuuut i didnt pivk up on it whioch means .. dude .. ur more perverted than me !
This is the only sad part about my wife being in Seychelles without me...
... apparently the barracuda mistook my prince albert for a small fish and decided it looked tasty...