Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Share your favorite photographers

Started by oceansblue ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Share your favorite photographers

32 posts
  1. I like Michael Aw's work - especially the Bunaken album. Just beautiful..

  2. ther is only one guy who has contributed more to u/p than anyone else and that is martin edge

  3. Mine is a bit different and left field. My top photographers are the guys I dive with every weekend in conditions that most people would walk away from. We don't have boats so we all shore dive here in Perth and if we are lucky on a good day the vis is 5m but usually around the 3m and very silty. We all support each other and suprisingly in the conditions we dive we get some very good photos and they are always there to give advice and a hand when required.

     

    Karl

  4. No one has mentioned Norbert Wu?

     

    Fletcher

  5. Martin Edge, Alex Mustard, Keri Wilkes, Nigel Motyer, Shannon Conway, John Collins, Tony Wu, Eric Cheng......but to be honest...there are so many more talented photographers out there, that will continue to inspire me to aspire to their skill level!

     

    Martin and Alex were my original of the species...

  6. Thank you every one for contributing to this post.

  7. Mine is a bit different and left field. My top photographers are the guys I dive with every weekend in conditions that most people would walk away from. We don't have boats so we all shore dive here in Perth and if we are lucky on a good day the vis is 5m but usually around the 3m and very silty. We all support each other and suprisingly in the conditions we dive we get some very good photos and they are always there to give advice and a hand when required.

     

    Karl

     

    Where can I see some of them Karl? I feature creative photographers on my website and I would appreciate to learn more about you guys!

     

    Thanks,

    Ali

  8. If i might be so bold and add my favourite, because for me this thread is about sharing a preference and so for that reason I would like to advocate Anita Sherwood

     

    http://www.britishshoredives.co.uk/anita.html

     

    To wrongly paraphrase Morrisey, she says the most to me about my life. She has a real skill in just showing off the critters that I see and that mean the most to me with a simple, unprepossessing touch that shows them in their environment just doing the things they do. She has the same affection for the bugs that I do so that sometimes it feels like she is taking her photos from within my mask and for that single unassuming talent I hold her work up there with the greatest of respect.

  9. Anyone who produces awesome images through raw talent and not just, seemingly, never ending funds, gear and non stop trips...

     

    Dean

  10. If i might be so bold and add my favourite, because for me this thread is about sharing a preference and so for that reason I would like to advocate Anita Sherwood

     

    http://www.britishshoredives.co.uk/anita.html

     

    To wrongly paraphrase Morrisey, she says the most to me about my life. She has a real skill in just showing off the critters that I see and that mean the most to me with a simple, unprepossessing touch that shows them in their environment just doing the things they do. She has the same affection for the bugs that I do so that sometimes it feels like she is taking her photos from within my mask and for that single unassuming talent I hold her work up there with the greatest of respect.

     

    I couldn't find a set of images or gallery of her work though. Looks like she's done a nice book. Thanks for sharing.

  11. Anyone who produces awesome images through raw talent and not just, seemingly, never ending funds, gear and non stop trips...

     

    Dean

     

    I completely agree Dean, Aside from your definition though, I'd like to add that those who have contributed to the underwater photography is also among them, like Eric Cheng himself and his work has contributed a lot to the underwater photography world. There are many more people who are less known but their work, efforts, talent and techniques has contributed tremendously to underwater photography.

  12. I couldn't find a set of images or gallery of her work though. Looks like she's done a nice book. Thanks for sharing.

     

    me neither, which is a shame. The book is worth the money for the images alone even if you never go shore diving.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.