Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

new nikon mirrorless with a twist

Started by derway ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

new nikon mirrorless with a twist

23 posts
  1. Surely the hotshoe argument is history? I use a d-slr on manual strobe settings and low power to trigger optical strobes and it fires just as often as I like.

     

    Tim

     

    :)

    I agree. iTTL is nice for most macro shots, but M for W/A is generally the best. Not having a built in flash would present a problem.

    Bob

  2. I agree. iTTL is nice for most macro shots, but M for W/A is generally the best. Not having a built in flash would present a problem.

    Bob

    Am I reading things correctly here that it is assumed that I'm going for iTTL just because I want a hard wired strobe? nope, no way... all manual. Simply... optical strobes are not an option in my application or according to my preference. Lots of experience with both and optical just doesn't cut it for me for a variety of reasons, none of which include my ability or skill at using manual strobe or camera settings.

     

    @derway: if panasonic has hotshoe, why doesn't anyone make a housing with a strobe port/hotshoe adapter?

  3. I am with you, regarding a very strong preference for wired vs optical. Though I haven't played much with fiber optic cable.

     

    As for panasonic, well, alas, Ikelite has pulled out of the mirrorless market. And they are the main ones who do hard wired adapters, including for the panasonic lx5, oly xz1, and nikon p7100.

     

    But no EVIL cameras.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.