Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Let's make a video: the beauty of a second, underwater

Started by echeng ·

  • 37Posts
  • 37Replies

Read-only discussion

Let's make a video: the beauty of a second, underwater

37 posts
  1. http://thedailywh.at/2011/11/30/very-short-film-of-the-day

     

    We should do something like this using submitted underwater video! Your best, say, three 1-second clips, submitted. We'd take the best 60 clips and make a lovely 1-minute piece.

     

    What do you think? Are there enough folks interested? ;)

  2. Yep count me in, be fun to see what it ends up like.

    All underwater or up top too?

    Edited by wagsy
  3. Im in!

     

    Weird sturgeon footage inbound ;)

     

    Adam

  4. 16x9 and HD a requirement?

  5. Sounds like fun, I'm sure I could find a few clips.

     

    Count me in.

     

    Jo

  6. Sounds like fun. I'm in. Are you going to edit the piece?

    Steve

  7. Sounds like a great idea. Who wants to volunteer to edit??

  8. Yeah why not, could be cool

  9. Sounds like a great idea. Who wants to volunteer to edit??

     

     

    Would be happy to help there

  10. OK; how do we submit?

  11. Also, we need to be aware of the different codecs and formats that might be submitted. Wow, a one second clip; pretty short time space. A frogfish's yawn takes a few seconds right there.

    Steve

  12. Hi Eric,

    I made a 1 sec long 24 frame spawning sequence using quicktime - res is 1920 x 1080. The .mov file is 17.5 MB.

    PM me your email if you want it emailed.

    Tom

  13. Drew great! Do you have a dropbox account (etc) or do you just want a link to download the clips it from our servers?

     

    Maybe everything formatted as ProRes to make it easier for you? We'd also need to decide on a frame rate although if you want Progressive files you could just conform to whatever you decide on....

     

    Cheers, Simon

  14. I'm in.

     

    Eric

  15. If Drew can't do it, I am sure that Eric H and I can put our heads together and get it done.

    Steve

  16. That is a great idea!

    I think it will make an amazing video. Especially that it will all be underwater content!

     

    ~abi

  17. Dropped a note to Eric C., I am not sure I jumped the gun by volunteering when it was bought up in the thread and whether he or someone else planned on editing. But it looks like there are a lot willing to contribute, which is cool.

  18. 16x9 and HD a requirement?

    Absolutely. 16x9 and HD are a requirement.

     

    It looks like we have enough interest to pull this off! I'll coordinate with Adam Hanlon to make submissions happen, and will chat with TheRealDrew about editing. He was the first to volunteer!

  19. Do we want to have a theme or just random to make it interesting? Just marine life or anything underwater? I reckon most peoples clips will be longer than a sec but if we keep them to under 5 secs it will give Drew a little flexibility in the edit.

  20. Also, should the clips be raw, color corrected and/or composited?

    Steve

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.