Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony Nex 5N Underwater

Started by Longimanus1975 ·

  • 43Posts
  • 43Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony Nex 5N Underwater

43 posts
  1. Justin and Stu,

     

    Thanks for the add'l perspective! And justin, your rig looks lovely! I used to shoot the s2000s so I have a soft spot for them...some days, I really wish I hadn't gone larger with the z240s (yes, I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. Usually when I am trying to get my camera and strobes into a teeny crack/crevice to get a shot...)

     

    I've resigned myself that if I want to take the next step with photography, I have to move to the world of mirrorless compacts or DSLR, and thus giving up the ultracompact size of the s90 and my wet lens flexibility. I frankly didn't feel moving up to the s95 or s100 made too much sense for me as it felt like it would only be marginally better IQ ...hence looking into the Sony Nex 5n.

     

    Based on what I've read here and through reviews, I'm going to probably start with:

     

    Sony Nex-5n body + Kit lens

    16mm pancake wide angle

    fisheye wide angle lens

    ....and wait and see on macro if some other options emerge.

     

    I have the camera on order and am hoping to get it this week to try out on land; frankly, it's been a real beast to track it down as every retailer seems to be out of stock/backordered! :D

  2. I just got a pair of S&S YS-02's for my wife's AN-5 housing. They're tiny! About 10-15% smaller than my already puny YS110a's. You won't regret the NEX-5. It was a no brainer to get rid of our G10 after 10 minutes with the 5, let alone the 5n.

     

    S.

  3. Hello together

     

    I am new here and I follow all the articles for some time around the Sony NEX. It seems that many are unsure whether the Sony 30mm macro is a good option or not. I use the lens in cold water now since December and the last two weeks around Gangga Iceland in Indonesia. Here therefore a few impressions of the lens.

     

    The following setup was used:

    Sony NEX-5N in a to 5N converted Nauticam NA-NEX5 housing, Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro with Nauticam port 45, Inon D-2000 and S-2000. All shoot in RAW and processed with Adobe Lightroom 3

     

    Greetings from Switzerland,

     

    Tino Dietsche

     

     

    PS: Sorry for my bad English. ;-)

     

    2012-01-03_09h-40m-23s.jpg

     

    2012-01-05_15h-40m-56s.jpg

     

    2012-01-05_16h-06m-30s.jpg

     

    2012-01-06_11h-36m-09s.jpg

     

    2012-01-06_16h-19m-59s.jpg

     

    2012-01-10_15h-39m-52s.jpg

     

    2012-01-11_14h-37m-52s.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.