Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica close-up lens

Started by SOX404 ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica close-up lens

24 posts
  1. Looks good Jean. If the stock is available, I'm buying it now. Too bad, no Aquatica distributors here in Jakarta.

     

    Proper etiquette mandates that manufacturers, distributors and dealers are not at liberty to discuss their inventory status on this forum. Sorry mate... but you can always PM us if you want to have more info concerning theses close up lenses

  2. The images look good on the 50mm lens. Hopefilly, Tim will do a follow up when his 100mm lens arrives.

    Kirk

  3. The images look good on the 50mm lens. Hopefilly, Tim will do a follow up when his 100mm lens arrives.

    Kirk

     

    Hi Kirk,

     

    Yes, I will follow up. There are a couple of great nudibranch spots here I've been wanting to try. But the nudis are normally small. This kit should help a lot. Very exciting.

     

    TR

  4. Hi Kirk,

     

    Yes, I will follow up. There are a couple of great nudibranch spots here I've been wanting to try. But the nudis are normally small. This kit should help a lot. Very exciting.

     

    TR

     

    OK, as I said, I will follow with a look at using this kit with a 100mm lens. The stars aligned and I went down to my friendly, neighborhood ocean and here's what I found:

     

    http://www.guammicronesiadivetravel.com/travelblog1/?p=1560

     

    Oddly, I didn't find any really tiny nudis, but my dive buddy found one and the CU Kit came in really handy for him. He came to show it to me but by the time we got back, it had moved away.

     

    //////////////

     

    Also, I tried out the Tokina 100mm. Simply put, I like everything about it except the fact that it doesn't have internal focusing. Have a look:

     

    http://www.guammicronesiadivetravel.com/travelblog1/?p=1539

     

    Finally, here's a gallery of images shot with the 100 and 100 plus the +10 with the Aquatica Close-up kit. All of this info should give you an idea of how nicely this system works:

     

    http://timrock.photoshelter.com/gallery/Gu...000D9UJp7LINA8/

     

    Let me know what you think. I find this whole kit really functional and easy to use.

     

    Best,

     

    Timbo

    Edited by Tim of the Deep
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.