cut-----------------------------------
I think Kimmeineche (wetpixeller) made UW beamsplitter using two Nexus rigs...he may chime in.
Cheers
David
Hi David!
Yes I made an UW-beamsplitter for my dual Nikon D200 setup in Nexushousings (Think it was in 2009). For stills it works very good except from some focusing problems, but since I only use it for macro (2 x 60mm nikkor micro) I think I can't ask for better results. In other words, one macro lens can be hard enough to focus at the right point.... and here we talk about 2! :-)
The 50/50 mirror seems to resist seawater very well, but sand and other particles is a much bigger isue so I have to change the mirror now and then as it becomes scatched, depending on how nice I am able to treat it when I enter the water from a sandy beach, etc....
Well.... many of my beamsplitter shots goes directly to the paperbasket but some of the results I am very satisfied with, but for video I think it will not work, due to the problems menssioned in the thread.
Like others I am VERY courious to see the design of the beamsplitter behind the domeport, since I really can't imagine any solution with more than 90degrees coverage from a beamsplitter, but who knows and I really LOVE to read about DIY projects!!! :-)
Not to be off-topic but so far I have about 100 degrees of coverage on my Fuji W3 mounted in a cyclopital3d wideangle adpator behind wideanglelenses from Ryanox and a homebaked dual domeport (Homebuild housing). i am still experimenting a lot, so tha'ts why I have been rather silent about the project.........but so far:
A small example from the pool, recorded in the evening with only artifical light available together with my LightMonkey dual 50watt HID's:
And another example from a local divespot with about 5m visibility which is faily good conditions for the locallity:
And last a short clip from a trip to Norway when we dived the wreck of D/S Spring:
(BEWARE: This is among my VERY FIRST records and experince with video so don't expect it to be perfect!).
The very best regards from Kim Meineche! :-)