Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subspace Red One/Epic 3D housing

Started by Drew ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Subspace Red One/Epic 3D housing

22 posts
  1. Vega is for desperate people! :) Cineform Firstlight to NLE of choice baby!

    Edited by Drew
  2. David- Interesting topic- I have the Sealux TD10 housing and the TD10. Yet to get them underwater, but also about to try machining down two wide adapter lenses. There's not that much space between the front of the camera and the flat port, but might be enough to squeeze in a pair of bare lenses in some sort of frame. I saw the cyclopital product. My only reservation is the image quality. It looks like they're Raynox qc303, 505 or 707, which I think is just a single element lens. I've done some quick research on youtube and the 303 particularly looks fairly horrible anywhere near the edges. The 505 might be just about acceptable, but it won't be that wide once its behind a flat port. I'd be very interested if anyone finds any higher quality optics that have a small enough front element diameter to be adapted and are wide enough - around 0.3x

    I'll report back on possibilities of fitting lenses in the sealux once I get a sample raynox lens.

     

    Best,

     

    Fergus

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.