hi everyone
I am pretty well versed with dome port use through many different housings over the years but I'm looking at the sea and sea chart for the canon 17-40mm in a 5dmk2 housing I am questioning their information/theory
my concern is they recommend using the fisheye dome port (which I have) but without an extension ring which just confuses me for such a big lens. If used without an extension the lens will be very close and only using a small area of the port and my estimate is a +4 dioptre will be needed but there is no mention of any dioptre from Sea & Sea. Without running tests myself I would have said a 40mm extension and perhaps a +1 or +2 dioptre. This would be most similar to my subal set up where in that set I use the fe dome port and 40mm extension and a +2. I mentioned a +1 as the sea and sea fisheye port is bigger than the subal fe port
Can anyone shed any light on this as obviously I want the best optical combination when using this housing? I'm really sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything though
Thanks in advance....