HELP ASAP..CURRENTLY ON LIVEABOARD TRIP. Only have connectivity for a couple more hours.
I have my brand new Panasonic GX1, Nauticam Housing and Sea and Sea DX1s with me and am having ALL sorts of trouble. Any ideas… HELP
• When the strobes do fire – something (? The camera??) will turn the strobes off intermittently. In other words, I have set the camera to “forced flash on” . I pop up the little camera flash to trigger the strobes and (when I’m lucky) all is well for a picture or two – then the camera (or housing?) shuts the strobes off (showing the flash symbol w/ a line through it to show the strobes are off). I have to wiggle the lever on the housing to turn the strobes back on each time they turn off. Sometimes the strobes come right back on, sometimes, not. I have to wiggle the lever on the housing – just right – or the strobe won’t come back on. I didn’t turn them off… what is happening? I can’t figure out how to get them to stop shutting off.
• About every second or third shot – they don’t fire at all. Sometimes they won’t fire for an entire dive (although I always test the strobes on the boat before I go in the water. I’ve cleaned the cables, connections, read the manuals, etc.)
• Strobe batteries - I can barely get a whole dive out of an entire set of fully charged enloope (sp) batteries.
What am I doing wrong??? Is it faulty equipment or faulty operator – or both. Help….. I’m mid trip and want the beast to work.