Currently using NA-7D and looking at purchasing NA-5DMarkIII.
Looks like a very slick piece of machinery.
...any feedback from those using NA-5DMarkIII ?
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Weiry ·
Read-only discussion
Currently using NA-7D and looking at purchasing NA-5DMarkIII.
Looks like a very slick piece of machinery.
...any feedback from those using NA-5DMarkIII ?
I took delivery of a NA-5D3 earlier this week, courtesy of Underwater Visions. My initial reaction is that at there are numerous improvements to my NA-7Ds and there has been careful thought which has responds to the 5D3. The Zen 230 sits happily on the housing with a 10mm extension for the Sigma 15mm (which doesn't seem to require the hood shaving). All in all a very exiting a acquisition which has I hope to get wet next week...
Thanks for reply... looking fwd to seeing some pics. cheers
Sadly, I'm not shooting with the 5D3 as I'm waiting on a strobe trigger which I'm sure will be following soon. But a couple of NA-7Ds is no hardship in the interim...
Am looking forward too to hearing about your experience with the NA-5D3, esp. how well the strobe triggers work.
I told myself I was going to hold off housing my 5D3, but a pressing oppotunity has "forced" me to look at options. I've been a Subal guy, but Nauticam is now at the top of the list. Thought I'd give this thread a bump and see if anyone's got more input?
Thanks!
Phil
Hi Phil. The update on the Nauticam strobe trigger is that mass production is about to happen. The NA-5D3 won't disappoint...
That's exciting news! Are you able to say when the Nauticam strobe trigger will be released in the market? I'm also holding off on the NA-5D3 housing to see what the Nauticam strobe trigger solution will offer. However I'm off to Raja Ampat in mid-Dec so will need to make a decision on this very soon.
I expect to have a Nauticam strobe trigger delivered next weekend. I'll be sure to post the news and a short review.
I just started using a 5Dmk3 today, and as im waiting for parts for my flashes im shooing at high ISO - it is very nice. I need to get the 'L' 100mm to take full advantage of the focus speed.
Back to hardwired flashes is a bit dull but i think using ttl for the past few years made my photography go backwards. More keepers but less stunners when it comes to ttl, imho.
Edit: I'm a numpty, didnt realise this thread was for the housing type and not just the camera! I'm sure the housing is going to be a great one from Nauticam!
Cool, next weekend's not too far away. Pls post some pics of the Nauticam strobe trigger if you can. Look forward to the review!
I just received news from China that delivery of my NA-5D3 fibre optic trigger will be a little longer than anticipated. I should have a good idea when this will be as I'll be seeing Alex Tattersall / Underwater Visions at the NEC Dive Show this coming weekend. Alex is presently at the Nauticam factory.
Cool, next weekend's not too far away. Pls post some pics of the Nauticam strobe trigger if you can. Look forward to the review!
Maybe you can try this trigger, If you can't wait from Nauticam.
I'm using DIY trigger (almost same circuit / no ttl) in NA-5DMarkIII for z240, s2000 and it's works well.
Maybe you can try this trigger, If you can't wait from Nauticam.
I'm using DIY trigger (almost same circuit / no ttl) in NA-5DMarkIII for z240, s2000 and it's works well.
Thanks, I did see this forum posting about the LED strobe trigger. There were reports that the Inons work very well with this trigger but the Sea & Seas need some fiddling to get them to work. Something about the sensitivity of the Sea & Sea's optical trigger being less sensitive than the Inons. I was looking to see what other options there are and really hoping to see a TTL strobe trigger.
The S&S strobes definitely take some fiddling, particularly in Nauticam housings, since the LEDs need to be pointed quite accurately to get them to fire S&S strobes. I too am waiting on the strobe trigger but hopefully it will be soon.
Bill
Based on testing with prototype systems, we are only expecting the Nauticam trigger to work with Inon strobes and Sea & Sea YS-D1.
Based on testing with prototype systems, we are only expecting the Nauticam trigger to work with Inon strobes and Sea & Sea YS-D1.
I do hope the production model has improved performance as I have invested in a pair of YS-250s to go with the NA-5D3...
Based on testing with prototype systems, we are only expecting the Nauticam trigger to work with Inon strobes and Sea & Sea YS-D1.
And I've just invested in a pair of YS-D1s.
Ryan, will the Nauticam trigger have a TTL mode? And any indication when it might make it to production and released to market?
And I've just invested in a pair of YS-D1s.
Ryan, will the Nauticam trigger have a TTL mode? And any indication when it might make it to production and released to market?
The word on the streets is that a Mk ll Nauticam trigger may incorporate S-TTL however re-engineering Canon's and Nikon's E-TTL flash protocols is still work in progress...
I agree with Tim - I think you can take it as read that it will be TTL capable.
Making a manual trigger is easy - and there are many on the market already. Very few people have the capability to make a TTL trigger and that would be very impressive from Nauticam.
Alex
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.