Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any feedback from those using NA-5DMarkIII ?

Started by Weiry ·

  • 45Posts
  • 45Replies

Read-only discussion

Any feedback from those using NA-5DMarkIII ?

45 posts
  1. Hi David, yes I've read that many have tried and Canon's eTTL protocol has so far proven notoriously hard to crack. I'm using manual flash with electrical sync cables on my NA5DMkIII housing but was looking for something that'll work with fiber-optic cables instead. If you work out a flash trigger (LED based I presume?) for the 5D MkIII I'd be interested!

    Don't know how I missed this.

     

    yes I have successfully installed LED trigger for any housing. Working on a design for an optiical bulkhead although the new nauticam ones seem to fit my LEDs.

     

    These will allow fairly quick sync flash. I am still waiting for my programmer to get the little LED buggers to sync above 1/200

     

    regards

     

    David

  2. is the Nauticam optical trigger in production now or is it still a prototype? Is it available if I "pull the trigger" to buy the NA-5DMkIII housing? Is it a "standard hotshoe install" just slide on or does one have to "fiddle" those LED's in place?

     

    This is the only thing that keeps me from buying the Aquatica housing instead. Thanks

  3. These is no latest news from Nauticam for the optical trigger I end up made one myself to use in the Nauticam 5D3 housing.

  4. The Nauticam unit will start to ship in the next 3-4 weeks.

     

    Compatibility with Z240 , YS110 & D1 is confirmed.

     

    Pricing is $220 USD

  5. Good to know pmooney, thanks! Will there be TTL available?

     

    Thanks!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.