Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Tonga Humpbacks

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

Tonga Humpbacks

33 posts
  1. Some clips from August in Tonga.....

     

    [vimeohd]49743214[/vimeohd]

  2. Magnificent!

  3. Brilliantly done Jon. I wish my dreams were that good.

     

    Thanks!

    Steve

  4. Terrific. Was this in Ha'apai or Vava'u?

  5. Thanks guys, it was Vava'u

  6. Great work - of course you you were shooting with the RED ?

  7. Of course Pete ;)

  8. What lens, Jon?

  9. Wow!

  10. Wow, touching movie indeed!

     

    Were you filming with scuba or just snorkel?

  11. Awesome... I'm guessing Tokina 10-17mm by the way the light hits

     

    Dean

  12. Awesome... I'm guessing Tokina 10-17mm by the way the light hits

     

    Yes, it's written on Vimeo video description ;)

  13. Amazing. Thanks for sharing this great video.

    3.20 to 3.25 is stunning the way the light plays on the baby whale

    Edited by Kevster
  14. Are you questioning my authority on light refraction through dome ports and lenses at depth in Tongan waters Davide?

     

    Dean

  15. We could launch a new contest "Guess my lens" :)

  16. Or... Rate my 'focal' length

     

    Dean

  17. You had me from the opening shot, the snorkeler in the upper left seemed infinitesimal; it made for a magnificant composition. However, I am now discouraged because I could never afford a Red One or anything that is in that price category. Just can't compete with such quality. Great shots all around.

    Steve

  18. Thanks guys, yep the Tokina 10-17 all shot on snorkel

  19. Wonderful!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.