Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Testing the RX100

Started by Alex_Tattersall ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Testing the RX100

32 posts
  1. I took a Sony RX 100 compact camera to the Red Sea last week. Think this is the new compact of choice. 28mm lens means no vignette with WA lenses. Large sensor and excellent low light capability.

     

    Here are some shots:

     

    WIth FIT Pro macro lenses (+5, +8 stacked) and YS-D1 strobes (x2)

     

    8030679678_2bc6690df5_z.jpg

     

     

    8030681528_bfa454935b_z.jpg

     

     

    8030685567_9f4786494a_z.jpg

     

     

    Wide angle with Fisheye FIX Fisheye lens

     

    8030684931_27b360012d_z.jpg

     

    8030681868_cc6f3ab774_z.jpg

     

    Great detail for such a small camera.

  2. Great shots Alex - which Fisheye FIX lens did you use ?

  3. Nice shots dude!

     

    Jack

  4. Sweet Alex.....my RX100V en-route heheheh.

    Thanks for the photo. Me thingking to use INON #100 for the wide angle.

    Edited by SPP
  5. I was using the Fisheye FIX UWL28M52 with a 67mm step-down ring.

  6. Wow great pics!

     

    Couple of question;

     

    I'm guessing you used the Nauticam housing based on your tag? If yes, how did the trigger to take the pics? Are you able to half press on the trigger?

     

    Any issues with recycle time of the camera's flash?

     

     

    Anyone have any experince using the Inon WA-100 type 2 on with the Nauticam? Any issues with vin?

  7. Yes, you can half press the shutter release no problems. Flash recycle time a little slow but no more than other compact cameras. The INON wide angle will not vignette, same as the Fisheye FIX lens.

  8. Some more shots with this setup here. Well worth checking out if you are considering it:

    http://www.facebook....33234785&type=1

     

    Alex

    Hi Alex, the link doesn't work for me. Is it just me or is there a problem with the link?

  9. Ah, I didn't think of that. Maybe you have to be friends with the linkee!

     

    Alex

  10. I absolutely love that second shot: shapes, patterns, colors and the fact that it is clearly something but I can't put heads and tails on it. What is it???

     

    Most intriguing and pleasing shot I have seen all year, probably longer.

     

    Bart

  11. I absolutely love that second shot: shapes, patterns, colors and the fact that it is clearly something but I can't put heads and tails on it. What is it???

     

    Most intriguing and pleasing shot I have seen all year, probably longer.

     

    Bart

     

    Mantle of a (giant) clam.

     

    Mike

  12. Yes, that's right. Send me your email glasseye snapper and I'll send you a copy :)

  13. Thanks for posting Alex, I am considering this camera.

    Does anyone have any experience with the FIX UWL-04 fish eye lens?

    And the Inon micro fish eye lens?

  14. UWL-04 will work equally well. I also used the INON micro fisheye, it works but the resolution is horrible and the edges are soft

  15. So, I guess you are using manual strobe control? Sounds like TTL does not work well with this cam, eh?

  16. No, TTL seemed to work fine with the YS-D1

  17. Some reviewers were reporting that TTL was eratic, even just dry, with the on camera flash.

     

    Glad to hear it is working out well

  18. Hi Alex, the link doesn't work for me. Is it just me or is there a problem with the link?

     

    Link should work now.

    https://www.facebook...4785&type=1

     

    Anyway, I will try paste image link here. Hope it's work.

     

    541134_401390563262048_112610412_n.jpg

    Nauticam NA-RX100V for Sony RX100.

     

    548786_401075236626914_305659868_n.jpg

    Sony RX100, Subsee, 1/320sec, f/8, ISO 125, Single S2000 strobe.

    Raw to Jpeg converted with Sony's Image Data Converter.

     

    534192_401415709926200_1113113490_n.jpg

    Sony RX100, Subsee, 1/160sec, f/10, ISO 80, twin S2000 strobe.

     

    247774_401438416590596_904306324_n.jpg

    Sony RX100, 10.4mm(widest), f/6.3, 1/60sec, ISO 125, twin S2000.

     

    376460_401711219896649_2016473509_n.jpg

    Sony RX100, Subsee +10, 1/250sec, f/10, ISO 125, twin S2000.

     

    550515_401448769922894_642399522_n.jpg

    Sony RX100, 10.4mm, f/4.5, 1/125sec, Iso 80, single S2000. Below image is 100%(?) crop.

    Raw to jpg converted in Sony's Image Data Converter (Sharpness 0).

    Edited by escape
  19. What a great set of images.

     

    It seems there is no doubt the RX100 is viable option when teamed up with the correct accessory selection.

    Edited by pmooney

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.