Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

RX100 - strobe recycle time

Started by oskar ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

RX100 - strobe recycle time

25 posts
  1. If it is S-TTL of INON then you can increase/decrease the output of the strobe by your selected ev based on the TTL value, not sure about DS-TTL.

  2. I'm to close to a store, but somehow I'll find one and bring my YS110 with a fibre to try. My theory is:

     

    Conserving camera power with external manual flash probably won't work. I think the camera will up the power of the strobe even if flash exp comp is dialled down -2EV. This because the camera get no feedback whatsoever on the pre-flash and thus pump up the power anyway.

     

    Cheers

    /O

  3. Today I rigged my RX100 on the arms and strobe I use for the Canon S95 with a Sea and Sea YS-01

    Shooting in a completely dark room with wide angle the RX100 takes a minimum of 5 seconds to be ready for the next shot on a full dump

    The Canon S95 takes around 3 seconds for the same job

    The flash exposure compensation ends up with pictures underexposed so it is a no go

     

    I guess you need more powerful strobes with this set up or even better two of those. With a guide number 20 and a single strobe this set up struggles

  4. Crap,

    I wish there was a way to re-engineer a sync signal from the RX100...

     

    /O

  5. I have the impression that there is something going on in the way the YS-01 and the camera TTL system interact

    The Canon S95 as a measured 6 seconds recycle time but with the strobe in DS-TTL takes considerably less

    The RX100 does not seem to enjoy the same behavior it would be very interesting to hear from owners of other strobes like Inon or maybe even a YS-DS1 that has a so called DS-TTL II?

    I looked at the simple pictures I took on land and they don't even look very well exposed to be honest so the combination YS-01 and RX100 seems a no go

    Edited by Interceptor121
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.