Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

+10 Wetdiopter instead of SubSea?

Started by E_viking ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

+10 Wetdiopter instead of SubSea?

26 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    SubSee are out of Stock on their Diopters. I have a trip to Indonesia before they are in Stock again.

    I would like to add a +10 for the trip. ( I have the +5. )

     

    Aquatica does a +10 Diopter that looks good as well. Is the optical quality up to the same standard as the SubSeas?

    Any experience with it?

     

    /Erik

  2. @Jim: Good idea! I have not asked them yet. I will.

     

    I would be interested if anyone here has tried the Aquatica version and even better compared it to a Subsea.

  3. They were out of them as well. It seems to be out of szock everywhere!

  4. Chrck backscatter and Blue Water Photo & Video

  5. Or underwater visions in the UK

  6. All out I’m afraid.

  7. Thanks for the ideas, but all of them seem to be out of them.

     

    Has anyone tried the Aquatica +10 Diopter?

  8. No. The FIT ones are good optically.

    Alex

  9. I have used the Aquatica +10 and +5 and found them to be quite good. (FYI I also own and use the Subsee +10) Subsee has an excellent reputation but there are other options, as mentioned above. UCL/FIT are also quite good. IMHO you really have to do serious pixel peeping to see a difference.

    Edited by NWDiver
  10. Hi,

     

    SubSee are out of Stock on their Diopters. I have a trip to Indonesia before they are in Stock again.

    I would like to add a +10 for the trip. ( I have the +5. )

     

    Aquatica does a +10 Diopter that looks good as well. Is the optical quality up to the same standard as the SubSeas?

    Any experience with it?

     

    /Erik

    Hi Erik, there is this Chap Matti, who has been shooting with them since they come out, his website is http://mattiovaska.com/gallery , you might to get in touch with him for feedback, Mauricio Handler also uses them, so you can get in touch with him as well. They are double elements, are air sealed and coated and have a 67mm thread on them and like Steward say, you can check Tim Rock, he is a long standing member of this forums, he has quite a bit of images taken with those as well.

    Edited by Viz'art
  11. I just talked to Sagadive and has at least one in stock:

     

    www.sagadive.com saga@sagadive.com

    @ David: Thanks they had 1 on Stock. I have reserved and will order it now. Problem solved!

     

     

    I am pretty sure that the Aquatica is pretty similar to the SubSeas.

  12. Thanks for the Infos from everybody!

  13. How do these compare for ease of use? Does the Aquatica Close Up Kit have to be put on before the dive or can it be moved out of the way underwater like the subsee? Or changed out?

     

    Pam

  14. That was my thoughts as well. I've had the Subsee that easily swings out of the way. In contrast the Aquatica doesn't do so? Any insights here?

  15. Pam, The Aquatica close up lenses uses a quick snap mount, it can be installed and removed underwater within second

  16. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Aquatica has the 67mm threads, they should work on the Subsee adapter to swing in and out. Although I have not tried it. If a member can chime in at had tried this combo, I would sure like to know.

     

    Kirk

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.